Frequently asked questions by Candidates
Candidates Frequently asked questions.
1. I cannot remember my password.
- To reset your password, please click on Sign in from the home page on the top right.
- This will lead you to a new page where you sign in. On the sign in block under the sign in button is a “Forgotten Password” link. Click on this link and follow the prompts.
2. Is my information safe on Talent360?
Talent360 and any of its affiliates will never share your personal information without your permission. You also have the following options to control your privacy levels:
- You can choose who may view your CV
- You may choose to not put in any private information and do a full application per position, we will never force you to give us private information.
- You may also choose which companies to exclude (who may NOT view your CV)
- All privacy settings can be changed in your account settings on your profile.
3. Can I create an alert specifically for my needs on Talent360?
- You can create a Job Alert to inform you when new jobs, based on criteria of your choice, are posted on Talent360. You will receive an email when new jobs are posted and you can choose to have notifications sent to daily or weekly. You can set up as many Job Alerts as you like.
4. Why am I asked for my race?
- This information is required in line with the Employment Equity Act. If positions are EE positions then only candidates matching the hiring company’s criteria will be matched against the position. According to the Department of Labour the hierarchy for Employment Equity is Black, Coloured and then Indian - Female then Male.
5. What makes Talent360 different?
- Talent360 is not just another job board. We understand the journey each job seeker takes from beginning to end and we want to walk that journey with you. Not only do we showcase jobs but preferred companies and what their culture is and how you can fit in. It is more about what the company can do for you and not the other way round.
- It is imperative to understand that Talent360 is not a recruitment agency, there is no intervention from our side between Recruiters, HR Managers and Job seekers.
- We do however try to assist you by keeping you updated on industry news, comprehensive career advice, hints and tips and much more, providing you with the tools you need to make the most of your career and your job search.
6. How do I apply for a job on Talent360?
- To find a particular type of vacancy, type in your desired job title (for example ‘Operations Manager’) in the Search Bar and click the submit button. A list of all the available jobs with your chosen job title will appear. Browse this list to find the jobs which best suit your skills. You can also search via specific keywords to narrow down your search.
- When you find your ideal job, if you are logged in an application form will be visable with pre-populated information which is editable at any stage. If you are not logged in and do not want to register just click the apply button and follow the prompts.
- Please note that there are various ways to apply for a job and each company can select how they wish applicants to apply, this means some will allow you to apply on Talent360 while some will direct you to their own website to follow their required application process.
7. I am interested in an internship / graduate program.
- Companies are constantly looking for interns or offer graduate programme’s and will post their positions on Talent360 the same way they advertise for full-time jobs, so browse and search the site for the latest internships advertised, create an account and profile, and apply via Talent360, being sure to submit all documentation as per the advert requirements.
- Under jobs go to the Graduate and Internship
8. Do I need Matric to apply for a job?
- Each position advertised will list the minimum requirements for a successful application. We suggest you apply for jobs which suit your skills and education level, to ensure the best chance at being hired. If the position does require skills you do not have why not up skill yourself with one of our many advertised training courses.
9. How do I get an account?
- On the home page click on create and account. This is free of charge.
- You will be asked for basic information and we suggest you complete the sheet as in detail as possible as this does affect your opportunities.
10. How do I browse jobs relevant to me?
- Log in to your account and type in your desired job role (for eg ‘Operations Manager’) in the search block and click the ‘Go’ button in green on the right side of the screen. A list of all the positions available will appear. Browse these to find the jobs which best suit your skills.
- Another option is to sign up to our Job Alerts. You will then have relevant jobs sent to you, as they as posted on the site. Tell us what you’re looking for here: xxx
11. How do I upload my CV?
- When you apply for a job the first time on www.talent360.co.za you will be prompted to load your CV from either Dropbox, GoogleDrive or OneDrive or you can upload from your device. We will then store your CV for future use.
- Alternatively you can register your details on www.talent360.co.za then go to Manage CV.
12. Why didn’t I receive a response from my job application?
- To be sure that your application was successfully submitted, check the jobs you have applied for via Talent360 site on your profile under ‘Jobs applied to’.
- If the application is listed there, but you have not heard from the employer, you will need to make direct contact with the Company to whom you submitted your application. Unfortunately, we are not able to intervene in the relationship between job seekers and employers. We only act as facilitators.
- Also, read these tips to ensure your job applications will get you the best response:
13. Can you help me to improve my CV?
- As a jobs board we are not able to proofread or provide advice on your specific CV, however we do have a large collection of comprehensive advice which job seekers find very useful when looking for work and going through the CV application and interview process.
14. I’m struggling to submit job applications via Talent360 site. What should I do?
Make sure you fill in all required fields and that you meet the required criteria. If you are still battling please email our webmaster on firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. I would like to talk to someone in your team!
Email: email@example.com with your query and a customer care representative will get back to you. Our customer care team will assist you with any technical queries you may have regarding the navigation of the site.
16. How do I check that my application was sent?
Follow these steps to make sure that your application was successfully submitted:
- Log in to your Talent360 profile.
- Click on Application History
17. How do I know the job is not a scam?
Only companies that are verified are allowed to advertise on Talent360 and we encourage all companies to be as transparent as possible in their profile, however If you think you’ve a job is a scam:
- Do NOT respond to the ad and do not give out your personal details.
- Be vigilant and understand that scammers are constantly finding new ways to scam people.
- Read our blog regarding scams and stay safe. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can take immediate action. (Please supply the ad details where possible)
18. How can I change information in my profile?
Log into your Talent360 account and go to Manage CV. It is always a good idea to keep your information as updated as possible.