Credit Controller (Retail) in Bedfordview, Johannesburg Metro
Job Title: Credit Controller (Retail)
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location - Town/City: Bedfordview
Location - Province: Gauteng
Location - Country: South Africa
An exciting opportunity exists within our Logistics Division for a Credit Controller to manage one of our major Retail accounts. The position is based at our offices in Bedfordview, and will report to the Credit Supervisor.
The purpose of the role:
- To facilitate the achievement of customer collection targets, essential to the profitability of the Company, are met.
- To manage overdue accounts, reduce the Company’s risk and minimise losses
- A minimum of 4 years credit control experience within the FMCG industry
- Experience managing Spar & Boxer books is essential
- Relevant Finance Diploma or Degree would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Credit management and analysis, Compliance requirements, Credit business processes and practices
- Attention to detail, Deadline driven, Results/Goal oriented
- Working experience on SAP
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful incumbent will be responsible for one of our major Retail accounts.
- Generate and dispatch invoices or PoD’s on time to enable payment.
- Receive remittance advices from customers and allocate appropriately.
- Process all discounts and rebates for the Credit Supervisor to release before close of month-end.
- Clear all allocated cash in the Debtors Accounts
- Prepare stock tolerance journals accurately, matching all debits and credits on the ERP system.
- Maintain compliance to credit limits for each customer and highlight possible non-conformance to the responsible supervisor before they exceed defined limits.
- Report on all transactions on 60 days plus to the Credit Supervisor.
- Where possible, liaise with customers to rectify account problems before “stop supply” instructions are implemented.
- Advise customers when the account has been blocked and ensure that all necessary internal departments are aware of the status of the customer/account.
- Investigate pricing claims on ERP system, print invoices and review deals on the system.
- Schedule the claim on ERP system for pricing where no valid deal exists and provide supporting documentation to the relevant team members for processing.
- Manage stock claims (returns, damaged stock, shortage etc.) by initiating the document flow.
- Ensure stock claims are tracked on ERP system and that queries are finalized.
- Manage invalid claims by providing the necessary proof or backup documents to the customer.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals