General Assistant Civil Maintenance in Johannesburg
General Assistant Civil Maintenance
An exciting vacancy exists at King Shaka International Airport for an experienced professional within the Infrastructure Asset Management division.
Key Performance Outputs
The successful candidate, reporting to the Supervisor Civil Maintenance will be responsible for the following:
- Adhere to relevant statutory and legislative regulations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), operational standards, policies and practices.
- Perform daily cleaning duties in a timeous manner.
- Support others in carrying out cleaning activities as well as ad hoc requests.
- Ensure enough supply of cleaning materials and staff refreshments.
- Make tea and coffee on request.
- Inspect equipment and take remedial action.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene, appearance and general cleanliness in line with statutory and Company regulations.
- Build, support and maintain healthy, diverse internal relationships to ensure achievement of organisational goals.
- Implement remedial actions where required.
Technical Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience or the equivalent of such, will be required:
- Grade 12 and/or equivalent prior learning and experience based on the job requirements of the position.
- Knowledge of airport operations would be advantageous.
- Code B Drivers Licence would be advantageous.
This position calls for an individual who consistently achieves results goals and expectations and one that has excellent communication skills. The individual must be able to work well with their boos and must be able to communicate in a non-confrontational manner. It is essential that this person knows how to listen well to others.
Positions will be filled in line with ACSA’s values and Employment Equity policy and plan. Preference will be given to members of designated groups that are under-represented and will also be advertised externally.