Manager: Regulatory Compliance & Skills Development
Manager: Regulatory Compliance & Skills Development (1700)
Who are we?
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper.
What will you do?
Drive the implementation of the business aligned Learning and Development Strategy with respect to design and implementation of learning solutions to ensure regulatory compliance to financial services and skills development legislation. This also includes the management of learnerships, graduates, internships and bursary schemes. Responsibilities further include identifying company's training needs and developing programmes to meet these requirements. Ensures that programmes are implemented and that the quality of training programmes are of the required standard. Responsible for output and results of training interventions. Co-ordinates and manages the activities of training team.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Conducting thorough needs analysis of regulatory compliance and skills development needs and alignment to business outcomes.
- Deployment of regulatory compliance learning programmes across the organisation, including FAIS, TCF and Fit-and-Proper requirements.
- Conduct learning evaluation up to level 4.
- Manage Santam Skills Development Academy (learnerships, graduate internships and bursary schemes), continuous professional development (CPD) with professional bodies (IISA, FIA, etc.) and the accreditation status with the insurance SETA (INSETA).
- Create reports for stakeholders which reflect the progress to drive organisation value through regulatory compliance and BBBEE scorecard.
- Work with the Learning and Development team and HR Partners in a proactive and collaborative manner.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external).
- Engage with internal business stakeholders at various levels and external stakeholders.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers.
- Project Management.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree or Diploma with 8 to 10 years related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Operational Planning
- Training delivery
- Budget and Compliance
- Management of employees
- Interpersonal savvy - Stage 3
- Plans and aligns - Stage 3
- Manages complexity - Stage 3
- Business insight - Stage 3
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth.
Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
- Cultivates innovation - Stage 3
- Customer focus - Stage 3
- Drives results - Stage 3
- Collaborates - Stage 3
- Being resilient - Stage 3
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
More searches like this
- Accounting & Finance Skilled Permanent Full Time jobs in Bellville
- Banking Skilled Permanent Full Time jobs in Bellville
- Insurance Management & Administration Skilled Permanent Full Time jobs in Bellville
- HR & Recruitment Skilled Permanent Full Time jobs in Bellville
- Skills Development Skilled Permanent Full Time jobs in Bellville