Career Opportunities: Legal Consultant: Gauteng South(Bloemfontein) (1748)
Sanlam Personal Finance - Permanent - Insurance - Free State - Bloemfontein
Who are we?
SPF Distribution, is dedicated to supporting, growing and empowering clients with affordable, easy and suitable solutions, primarily through face-to-face intermediary channels, but also directly. We have approximately 2,000 tied advisers and 2,000 supporting independent brokers, all dedicated to meet the financial needs of our clients.
Our vision: We aspire to be the best at building enduring relationships by connecting clients and intermediaries. We create sustainable value by attracting new clients, supporting ongoing client engagement and providing adaptive solutions designed to answer life’s financial questions. Ultimately we grow and protect wealth
What will you do?
This specialist role is primarily responsible for rendering pro-active specialist legal technical advice and support to the relevant regions.
Stakeholders/clients will include Managers, Broker/Sales Consultants and intermediaries in both the Financial Adviser and Broker Distribution space with the view to enabling sales/business growth and strengthening intermediary relationships.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Analyse, understand and capitalise on market opportunities for business growth.
- Ensure that a proper marketing plan is contracted with region/units at the beginning of each year and monitor to ensure the implementation of the plan during the year.
- Work closely with identified managers and consultants to identify and respond to opportunities and needs for legal advice/assistance.
Financial Planning support in relation to:
- Estate Planning and Fiduciary Services
- Retirement Planning
- Investments Planning
- Risk Products
- Business Assurance (in light of business structure)
- Evaluate existing client financial solutions/plans
- Provide coaching and training (workshops) to consultants and intermediaries on legal technical areas as needed.
- Assist intermediaries to optimally mine their existing client database.
- Coach and train intermediaries on creative cross selling and up-selling of products to existing clients.
- Assist in highlighting gaps and opportunities within their current base.
- Undertake client/intermediary seminar, training or information presentations to selected group.
- Remain updated on new legislation/legal pertaining to financial services and keep staff informed and updated on the impacts and requirements.
- Undertake continuous professional development (i.e.: FPI) to remain relevant and up-skilled and pass this technical expertise onto clients and management through interactions
Qualification & Experience
- B Legal Degree (BCom Law, LLB, etc.)
- Registered CFP ®
- Strong legal technical exposure (Fiduciary namely Wills & Trusts, Contract law, Commercial law)
- Experience as an attorney or legal adviser in the financial industry would be advantageous
- Financial Services experience, preferably with Personal Financial Planning and Sales
Knowledge and Skills
- Financial services industry and markets
- Financial services products
- Financial planning and sales processes and practices
- Client needs analysis knowledge and experience with regard to retirement, investment and estate planning, business assurance etc.
- Sanlam Distribution structure knowledge and the different channel and segment value propositions
- Full range of legislation, compliance and laws governing operation within the financial services Distribution environment, including understanding of income tax laws, TCF, FAIS etc.
- MS: Office (Excel, Word, PP, Outlook)
- Financial calculations
- Planning tools
Note that the Legal Consultant will ideally be based in Bloemfontein and will provide a Legal Consultant service throughout the region and surrounding areas
- Results Driven
- Decision Making
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Customer Focus
- Good communication skills
- Technical Professional Skills
- Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The closing date for applications is 21 March 2019. The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.