Chief Executive Officer
CREATING GREATER IMPACT
The Local Government SETA (LGSETA) was established in terms of the Skills Development Act No. 97 of 1998 and is responsible for skills development within the Local Government sector. The SETA’s were relicensed by the Minister of Higher Education and Training, extending their licence period to 31 March 2020. Accordingly, employment with the LGSETA is determined for a fixed period and aligned to the SETAs licence term.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – (1 POST) – Ref no CEO/001
A seasoned candidate with a minimum 10 years senior management experience within the skills development sector is required for this position. The incumbent will be responsible for achieving maximum return on public funds administered through the overall direction of the LGSETA business. Coordinate the efforts of the senior executives. Work with senior executives and the Accounting Authority to develop short- and long-term objectives and the adoption of appropriate strategies in line with government’s national skills development agenda. As the Accounting Officer, represent the organisation to its customers, stakeholders, the Accounting Authority, Parliament, the financial community and the general public.
- Honours degree in business management or industry related field (NQF level 8)
- A Masters Degree in business administration and/or management, such as an MBA or MBL would be an added advantage
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in management at Chief Executive, Executive Director or Executive Management level within a skills development, public entity or multi-faceted business environment.
- A proven record of accomplishment of strong leadership and business acumen skills with a high degree of accountability within the public entity environment.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide leadership and direction toward the achievement of the organisation’s vision, mission, strategy, goals and objectives
- Monitor and push performance of executive members on strategic goals to ensure targets and objectives are met
- In collaboration with the executive team and in particular the CFO, the CEO develops an annual budget prepared in the context of LGSETA’s strategic plan for recommendation and approval to the Board, DHET and Treasury
- Ensure that staff implements appropriate and sound accounting procedures and policies in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practises (GAAP)
- Assures the LGSETA and its mission, programmes and services are consistently presented a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Acts as a liaison between the Board, DHET, Treasury and other relevant stakeholders, with specific reference to strategic partnerships, performance delivery environment, capacity building and organisational environment
- Ensures the development of, and adherence to, operating policies, systems and practices that meet legal, legislative,
- policy and regulatory requirements in order for the LGSETA to achieve its objectives while maintaining accountability
- Maintain sound corporate governance within the organisation
- Set the ethical tone for LGSETA and its Management by taking all reasonable steps.
- Assess the principal risks of the LGSETA and ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed.
Interested applicants are invited to send their applications to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Mr Odwa Chabula.
The submitted application/s should consist of a covering letter & Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contactable referee details, and should clearly state the job title and its reference number.
THE CLOSING DATE: 18 January 2019.
NB: The LGSETA reserves the right not to make any appointment, and should you not receive any correspondence from us by end May 2019, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
* Only candidates meeting the minimum job requirements need apply
More searches like this
- General Management Senior Management Permanent Full Time jobs in Bedfordview
- Business Consulting Senior Management Permanent Full Time jobs in Bedfordview
- Business Development Senior Management Permanent Full Time jobs in Bedfordview
- Directors & Chief Executives Senior Management Permanent Full Time jobs in Bedfordview