HEAD OF DEPARTMENT: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE in Pretoria
SEFAKO MAKGATHO HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) is a newly established comprehensive University providing holistic Health Sciences Education, situated at Garankuwa. The following permanent positions are currently available:
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (1 Post)
Ref no: 67/2018/NGM/P7
The Head: Payables actively supports the Director Finance and Reporting in meeting the strategic objectives and goals of the Finance and Reporting section through the reconciliation of the creditors system, affecting necessary adjustments, reporting and people management.
- A BCom degree or equivalent commercial degree
- A recognized professional accounting qualification such as ACCA / CIMA is an added advantage
- At least five (5) years’ relevant experience working in the Accounting / Accounts Payable environment, one of which must entail managing people as direct reports
- Financial reporting knowledge (IFRS)
- Ability to function within various teams with effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Experience and knowledge of the Integrated Tertiary Software (ITS) will be a strong recommendation
- Experience in preparing reconciliations and payment projections
- Willingness to work out of normal working hours is non-negotiable
- People Management
- Conflict management
- Personal integrity, reliability and confidentiality
- Excellent report writing
- Excellent excel spreadsheet skills
- Time Management
- Client Service orientation
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Oversee the Accounts Payable function of the University
- Reconciliations of accounts and general ledger
- Compilation of monthly management reports in line with relevant IFRS
- Functional area policy development and review from time to time
- Development and implementation of controls within the functional area
- Ensure sound risk management within the functional area
- Manage the performance and mentoring of the team
- Perform other ad-hoc functions within finance
Closing date: 23 November 2018
Typed applications quoting the reference number which should contain a comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of all qualifications and contact details of three referees, should be forwarded, for the attention of Mrs NG Motsamai, to the Human Resources Department, P.O Box 68, Medunsa, 0204 or e-mail applications in MS Word format, to email@example.com
The applications can also be hand delivered at:
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, Human Resources Department, Clinical Pathology building, 5th Floor, Molotlegi street, GA Rankuwa,
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African qualification Authority (SAQA). Failure to submit the requested documents/information will result in your application not being considered.
Telephonic enquiries regarding conditions of service: (012) 521-3893.
The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Applicants who have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date must consider their applications as unsuccessful.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment