Department: Social Development - Branch: Social Benefits
Salary: R19 632.61 pm (basic salary excluding benefits)
Educational requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 plus a BA Social Work Degree / NQF level 7
- Two (2) years’ experience in integrated community development service delivery Social Work Practice
- Must be registered with SACSSP (South African Council for Social Services Professions)
- Computer literacy is an essential skill required
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, processes and application of such knowledge in practice
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and the broader stakeholder fraternity.
- Render an integrated, professional social work service and 24 hour tele counselling service aimed at the development of individuals, families, groups and communities affected by social ills such as substance abuse, with emphasis on building resilient society. Social research and planning. Intake, group work and community services,
- Crisis intervention and coordination,
- Social work Supervision and Administration including Policy implementation.
Contact Person: Katlego Legwele.
Tel No: (011) 407 6235.
Workplace: Various Regions.
These are employment equity targeted positions and preference will be given to EE targeted groups including people with disabilities.
Closing date: 27 November 2018.
The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment. Appointments will be made in accordance with the CoJ’s EE Policy.
Application letter together with comprehensive CV must be forwarded to the contact details as mentioned above.
If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date,
please consider your application as unsuccessful.