Division: Specialised Support Unit
Package: R 564 672.00 — R 856 608.00 per annum (CTC)
(Ref: HR: 31/18)
• Minimum Bachelors' Degree in Internal Auditing or equivalent
• Minimum of Five (5) years of relevant working experience
• Knowledge of anti-fraud strategies and techniques
• Knowledge of Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA)
• Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations and GAAP
• Knowledge and ability to apply control framework (COSO) and other relevant international standards
• Knowledge of Teammate and CAATS (ACL) would be an added advantage
• Computer Literacy.
Reporting to the Chief Audit Executive, the incumbent will be expected to provide reasonable assurance that the system of internal control implemented by management is adequate to contain risks and maintain effective financial control within limits acceptable to man-agement and to ensure that audit work conforms to the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA):
The successful candidate will
• Assist in providing input with regard to the compilation of the department's operational plan using a risk based methodology
• Perform financial, operational, compliance, performance corporate governance and risk management pro-cess audits in the organisation
• Plan allocated audit projects - creating an audit file for safekeep-ing of documents
• Conduct a full internal audit engagement
• Report on work performed in the form of audit findings - identify inadequate, ineffective and inefficient controls for reporting purpos-es, identify root causes and provide recommendations to address control weaknesses identified
• Prepare draft audit findings for conclusion in the audit report
• Manage the integrity and timelines of the execution of the annual internal audit plan
• Manage adherence to the standards of Internal Audit
• Follow-up on agreed management actions of audits
• Draft audit and consulting engage-ment reports
• Assist in the investigation of significant suspected fraudulent activities within the organisation and notify management
• Promote the function and services of the Internal Audit De-partment with clients
• Provide assistance to external auditors
• Attend Audit Committee meetings.
Enquiries for this position should be directed to: Ms. Masesi Malope on (012) 401-4600.
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the organization.
CLOSING DATE: 6 November 2018
Interested persons can forward a comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or National
Energy Regulator of South Africa, Human Resources Department, PO Box 40343, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007, for attention: Ms. Elizabeth Duma.
NB: Applications received from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you do not hear from NERSA within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.