Chief Risk Officer
Unit Head: Group Risk Services
(Chief Risk Officer)
Salary Range: R55 042.66 (basic salary excluding benefits)
Educational Requirements and experience:
- Bachelors degree in Economics Sciences/Accounting (NQF level 7)
- A Masters of Business Administration/Master of Science in Management/degree or equivalent is advantageous
- Risk Management qualification will be an added advantage
- Registered membership with a professional body
- Qualification and experience in terms of minimum competencies prescribed by National Treasury
- Fifteen years’ experience in Risk Management, Financial Management of Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Corporate
- Strategy, Internal or External Audit Services, and of which eight (8) - nine (9) years should have been in a senior leadership role, and / or including at least five (5) years as a Senior Risk Manager
- The years’ experience may be in the banking environments / financial institutions or large
organisation(s) in the private or public sector
- Extensive exposure to corporate governance,
risk management standards, risk management disciplines and internal control standards
- Sound understanding and working experience with Enterprise Risk Management practices
and philosophy, including the design and implementation of processes and systems
- Sound understanding of risk finance (insurance) strategies and models and insurance administrative
- Proven success at operating at senior management level including the management
of experienced and professionally qualified staff.
The incumbent will be responsible to identify, analyse and mitigate events that could threaten the municipality ability to achieve its objective; and therefore provide strategic support to the Group Head: Group Risk and Assurance Ser vices (GRAS) in relation to the City’s risk governance strategies and practices, embedding a culture of risk mana gement; rolling out risk management frameworks, strategies and plans to ensure effective management of the City’s risk profile.
The Chief Risk Officer should under the leadership of the Group Head: Group Risk and Assurance Services (GRAS), strategically lead, direct and control the provision of effective and efficient risk management advisory services by developing and implementing the appropriate Strategies, Policies Frameworks Standards, Systems and Processes.
- Efficient and effective governance of significant risks, and related opportunities, that the City and its Municipal entities
may be exposed to
- Ensure the GRAS departments accountability to the accounting officer and the Group Risk & Governance Committee (GRGC) for enabling the municipality to balance risk and reward
- Coordinate the Municipality’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) approach
- Embed risk management practices and fostering a risk aware culture within the Municipality
- Institutional advocate for ERM and brings specialist expertise to assist in integrating risk managementthroughout the Municipality
- Continuous improvements of the risk and control environment to enable and / or support the attainment of unqualified audit outcome.
Contact person: James Netshidzati
Tel No: (011) 407 6562
These are employment equity targeted positions and preference will be given to EE targeted groups including people with disabilities.
Closing date: 25 September 2018.
The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Appointments will be made in accordance with the CoJ’s EE Policy. Application letter together with comprehensive CV must be forwarded to the contact details as mentioned above.
If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.