PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: LAND-USE MANAGEMENT in Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with the City's corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
TRANSPORT AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY • URBAN INVESTMENT AND DEVELOPMENT PORTFOLIO
PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: LAND-USE MANAGEMENT
BASIC SALARY COMMENCING FROM R345 205 PER ANNUM
REF.: TDA 65/18
• A relevant BTech or University degree in Town Planning or in the related Built Environment discipline
• Professional registration with the South African Council for Planners (SACPLAN); alternatively, to provide evidence of eligibility for Professional Planner registration and to attain professional registration within a period of 12 months
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in Town Planning
• Sound working knowledge of applicable planning/local government legislation, zoning/town planning schemes and NEMA regulations
• Computer literacy
• A valid Code EB driver's licence.
Key Performance Areas:
• Provide advice to applicants and developers with regard to land-use development applications, including policy context and interpretation as well as operational requirements
• Facilitate the processing and assessing of land-use development applications within a district office, ensuring that timeframes and protocols are adhered to
• Assist with and comment on the development and maintenance of land-use management or planning policies and operational requirements to ensure continuously improved service delivery.
CLOSING DATE: 14 SEPTEMBER 2018
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.
• Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
• Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
• Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
• Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
• No late applications will be considered.
• If no notification of appointment is received within 3 months of the closing date (2 months for Health positions), please accept that your application was unsuccessful.