INTERNSHIP: LEGAL SERVICES in Centurion
INTERNSHIP: LEGAL SERVICES - National Office (Centurion)
Twelve (12) months contract at R7101.11 per month
The Intern: Legal Services will contribute towards the efficient co-ordination of legal services projects in the Organization. The Intern reports to the Senior Manager: Legal Services.
Key performance areas: Assist the Legal Services department with projects and drafting of correspondences. Assist with the legal administration of all projects. Perform legal secretarial duties for the legal department, i.e. taking minutes during legal services meetings. Prepare legal documents for meetings and any other duties as requested. To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
Applicants must be in possession of Matric / N3 certificate and a Law degree (i.e. LLB/ Bcom Law or equivalent qualification).
The candidate must possess good communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. He/ she must be computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office and possess the following attributes: ability to work under pressure; be prepared to work long hours; pro-active; decisive; confident and be service driven. The candidate must also possess the willingness to learn, meticulous attention to detail, energetic approach, ability to work in a team and ability to take instruction.
Applications must be accompanied by a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae as well as certified copies of all qualification documents and identity documents. Failure to attach the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Persons must not have been an intern or worked before. Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates and interviews will be conducted on a date and time specified by the Interview panel.
NB: Applicants must be 35 years of age or below and must not have been an intern or worked before to qualify for this programme.
Suitably qualified candidates must forward applications to the Manager: Human Resources: P/Bag X112, Centurion, 0046, or Fax: (012) 622-5219 or email HRTraining@elections.org.za
Closing date for all applications is 22 August 2018 at 17H00. Please take note that no applications received after the advertised closing date and time will be considered.
"Applicants who have not been contacted by Friday 7 September 2018 must consider their applications as not being successful".
- Applicants for the above position/s should not have a high party political profile.
- Successful candidates will be required to enter into performance contracts.
- Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applications must include:
- a covering letter that clearly indicates the relevant reference number of the post and your employee number (permanent employees) as it appears on your salary advice;
- a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae; and
- certified copies of all qualification documents and identity documents.
- Failure to attach the relevant reference number and to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please note that recommended candidates will undergo risk assessments, including inter alia the verification of curricula vitae, all qualifications, criminal and credit assessments and appointments will only be made upon positive verification thereof.
- All appointments are subject to a probation period of twelve months.
- The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates.
- The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position/s and reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post/s. Although advertised, positions may thus either be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.