MARKETING & BRAND OFFICER
MARKETING & BRAND OFFICER (Pretoria)
Independent Media Gauteng has an exciting and challenging position for a dynamic Marketing and Brand Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing innovative marketing activities/campaigns for the brands (existing and new); pursue revenue opportunities and trade exchanges beneficial for the brand and develop and build brand awareness and audience loyalty.
- Responsible for planning and implementing marketing initiatives for core and new brands
- Grows existing revenues from core marketing and brand activities
- Develop new marketing and brand opportunities for title brands
- Develop marketing material, publicity and communication for brand activations and engagements
- Seek sponsorships and partnerships for marketing and circulation growth activities
- Manage multiple marketing and brand projects from implementation to finalisation within budget and set timeframes
- Develop briefs for marketing and brand campaigns as it relates to advertising and marketing and communication material.
- Work with internal and external parties in developing marketing collateral
- Provide regular progress reports and submit a comprehensive report after each activation
- Develop and monitor budgets for all marketing and brand activities
- Pro-actively promote brand and marketing campaigns on social media platform
- Ensure that all procurement aligns with Independent Media’s BEE objectives
- Handles ad hoc projects
- Be in possession of a Marketing qualification or equivalent
- Must have 2-5 years’ relevant marketing experience.
- Solid understanding of marketing concepts and experience in developing marketing campaigns.
- Have experience in organising events and promotions.
- Have experience in planning and implementing budgets.
- Be proficient in English and have above average writing skills as the writing of promotional copy is an integral part of the job.
- Must be computer literate - Word, Excel & Powerpoint are essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to develop and present event concepts
- Excellent problem-solving, negotiation and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and be available to work long hours
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a diverse team.
Independent Media is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action strategy.
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit a written application and detailed CV no later than 16h30 on Tuesday, 24 April 2018.
HR Business Partner
P O BOX 1014
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Submit Your CV
We are always on the lookout for new talent. If you like what we have showcased here and believe we would be a great fit, add your CV to our Talent Pool of candidates and we might just be calling you for an interview.