MARKETING & BRAND OFFICER
MARKETING & BRAND OFFICER (Pretoria)
Independent Media Gauteng has an exciting and challenging position for a dynamic Marketing and Brand Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing innovative marketing activities/campaigns for the brands (existing and new); pursue revenue opportunities and trade exchanges beneficial for the brand and develop and build brand awareness and audience loyalty.
- Responsible for planning and implementing marketing initiatives for core and new brands
- Grows existing revenues from core marketing and brand activities
- Develop new marketing and brand opportunities for title brands
- Develop marketing material, publicity and communication for brand activations and engagements
- Seek sponsorships and partnerships for marketing and circulation growth activities
- Manage multiple marketing and brand projects from implementation to finalisation within budget and set timeframes
- Develop briefs for marketing and brand campaigns as it relates to advertising and marketing and communication material.
- Work with internal and external parties in developing marketing collateral
- Provide regular progress reports and submit a comprehensive report after each activation
- Develop and monitor budgets for all marketing and brand activities
- Pro-actively promote brand and marketing campaigns on social media platform
- Ensure that all procurement aligns with Independent Media’s BEE objectives
- Handles ad hoc projects
- Be in possession of a Marketing qualification or equivalent
- Must have 2-5 years’ relevant marketing experience.
- Solid understanding of marketing concepts and experience in developing marketing campaigns.
- Have experience in organising events and promotions.
- Have experience in planning and implementing budgets.
- Be proficient in English and have above average writing skills as the writing of promotional copy is an integral part of the job.
- Must be computer literate - Word, Excel & Powerpoint are essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to develop and present event concepts
- Excellent problem-solving, negotiation and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and be available to work long hours
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a diverse team.
Independent Media is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action strategy.
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit a written application and detailed CV no later than 16h30 on Tuesday, 24 April 2018.
HR Business Partner
P O BOX 1014
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.