Independent Media Solutions has a position for a Motoring Journalist. The successful incumbent will be responsible for creating motoring content and generating ideas for use across all editorial platforms and specialised commercial units, as well as ensure that the motoring unit not only sets the news agenda but also becomes the “thought leader” in society.
- Develop motoring editorial content from conception to delivery for use across print and online platforms and specialised commercial units.
- Initiate, source, research, follow up and provide accurate, high quality readable content for use across all editorial platforms and specialised commercial units.
- Report, film and edit a variety of motoring stories for use across multiple platforms.
- Effectively use social media to break motoring news and to engage with online audience.
- Meet the deadline demands of production across the various multiple platforms
- Perform any other duties as and when required across regions and platforms.
- Consistently project a positive image of the Independent Media brands.
- Must have a tertiary qualification in journalism or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 3 - 5 years writing experience, ideally for motoring.
- Must have an a good general knowledge and keen interest in motoring and motorsport.
- Must have well developed writing skills, high levels of literacy and the ability to make critical & valid news judgement.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Must have good driving skills.
- Have excellent writing skills and literacy.
- A strong interest in motoring.
- Be technologically proficient on all social network platforms.
- Have good interpersonal skills in dealing with high level contacts.
- Must have the ability to think creatively.
- Be a self-starter that shows initiative and ability to work independently.
- Be extremely motivated and driven to work in a highly pressurised environment.
- Be highly flexible working irregular hours including weekends and public holidays
- Be prepared to travel long distances across the country.
- The ability to work under constant deadline pressure.
Independent Media is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action Strategy.
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should email a written application and detailed CV by no later than 16h30 on Thursday 26 April 2018 to:
Human Resources Officer
If you have not heard from us within two weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Submit Your CV
We are always on the lookout for new talent. If you like what we have showcased here and believe we would be a great fit, add your CV to our Talent Pool of candidates and we might just be calling you for an interview.