The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SOCIAL SERVICES - LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SERVICE
CHIEF LIBRARIAN – BELLVILLE LIBRARY
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM R694 272 PER ANNUM
REF NO:LIB 07/18
- B.Bibl/B.LIS or M.Tech in LIS or PGDipl.LIS or B.Inf (Hons)
- Up to five years’ experience in a public library environment, including two years’ relevant managerial experience
- Fully conversant with all aspects of public librarianship
- Eclectic reading background and means to establish users’ needs
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications)
- Very good management and team leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking abilities
- Willingness to work evenings and on Saturdays on a roster basis
- A valid code EB Drivers’ licence.
Key performance areas:
- Provide professional support and direction, and manage all the operations and administration within the LIS discipline in a City-wide category library
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of procedures and systems associated with the efficient and effective running of a public library managing personnel and their performance, training and development
- Ensure that the informational, educational and recreational needs of the library users are met through the availability of a comprehensive range of library materials and professional services, as well as the development and implementation of strategies and procedures to enhance resource sharing within the Department
- Liaise with community organisations, educational institutions and businesses and participate in relevant forums
- Ensure the development of internal and external partnerships to implement business improvements and to support the promotion of professional services.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date: 16 March 2018
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered
- If no notification of appointment is received within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful