Condé Nast Independent Magazines, a division of Independent Media, and home of SA’s leading magazine brands Glamour, GQ and House & Garden seeks to appoint an Editor for one of SA’s leading fashion and beauty magazine, Glamour.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for conceptualizing and editing high quality editorial content across women’s lifestyle categories. The incumbent must have extensive knowledge of both the local and international trends.
Responsibilities of this position will include but not limited to:
- Creating exceptional editorial content for both print and online audience
- Managing a team of editorial staff
- Develop compelling editorial strategies for brand and sub-brands.
- Brand ambassadorship responsibilities such as public speaking and presentations
- Manage the production process of print
- Ensure deadlines are met as per production schedules
- Drives readership, circulation and advertising growth
- Engage, build and maintain effective relationships with print audience
- Responsible for the commercial success of the brand across multi-platforms
- Possess a journalism qualification
- Have 10 years journalism experience of which 8 years must be that of managing and leading a team of creative and editorial staff
- Have 8 years writing experience as Senior Lifestyle Editor
- Must have 8 years production experience with strong understanding of magazine production and the ability to conceptualise layouts.
- Impeccable editing and content management skills
- Social networking skills
- Strategic thinker who possess a commercial outlook
- Have superior knowledge of all aspects of lifestyle trends
- Thorough understanding of target audience and competitors
- Be an exemplary ambassador of the brand
- The ability to cope with continuous pressure of strict deadlines
- The ability to generate ideas and to be innovative
- Established network within the industry
- Understanding of Conde Nast International brand values
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Be creative with great affinity to digital and social media trends
- An understanding of the changing media landscape is key and an ability to adapt and inspire team
- Be willing and flexible to work long, irregular and unpredictable hours
Condé Nast Independent Magazines is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action strategy. All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit a written application and detailed CV no later than 16h30 Thursday, 15 March 2018.
Group HR Manager
P O BOX 1014
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Submit Your CV
We are always on the lookout for new talent. If you like what we have showcased here and believe we would be a great fit, add your CV to our Talent Pool of candidates and we might just be calling you for an interview.