CITY OF CAPE TOWN JOB OPPORTUNITIES
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
TRANSPORT AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
TRANSPORT FORWARD PLANNING
BASIC SALARY COMMENCING FROM R381 160 PER ANNUM
REF NO: TDA 17/18
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering
- 5 to 8 years’ appropriate experience in the field of Traffic/Transport Engineering and Transportation Planning
- MS office proficiency
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a private vehicle.
Key performance areas:
- Assess transport data (TIA and TIS reports) to ensure compliance with technical requirements and functional policy
- Manage planned projects by ensuring that projects comply with existing and planned service infrastructure, bylaws and policies
- Liaise with stakeholders (internal and external bodies) to give guidance and feedback regarding the minimum standards prescribed the City and give input into development proposals
- Evaluate and issue technical input on land-use applications, building plan submissions and give input into sales/leases of City owned from a transport perspective
- Approve infrastructure designs, control the quality of construction through frequent site visits and provide clearances
- Ensure alignment with City’s long-term goals and visions to ensure that the required transport right of ways are protected for future use and consistency of policy
- Supervise and monitor staff.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
Closing date – 2 March 2018
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered
If no notification of appointment is received within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful