The purpose of the role is to deploy and manage sales and support functions within a sales portfolio by providing leadership, advice and guidance to enable achievement of agreed business targets, and execute the performance in line with the business Regional strategy and objectives.
- Manage CAF team in the designated portfolio in the region ( this will consist of either Large and Medium segment resources in the region and will include environments such as Joint Ventures, Alliances (External) and Non – Alliance (Internal) Asset Finance for both ABB and non – ABB customers).
- Coach and mentor the CAF team through either working 1 on 1 with the team in the designated portfolio and ensure appropriate training is delivered to support staff development goals.
- Monitor employee training and development to ensure training requirements are fulfilled and performance goals are achieved according to Commercial Asset Finance requirements.
- Assess team competencies, performance, efficiency and productivity through measurement and observation to ensure the team are aware of and capable of delivering their responsibilities.
- Interview, hire, train and develop subordinate staff in accordance with defined policies and objectives.
- Ensure availability of appropriate skills base in order to provide clients with asset finance solutions (products/service) through skills management and matching these skills with client environments.
- Ensure the effective application of human resources and people management processes within operations to all the market environments (both internally and externally).
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of an effective working climate and continual improvement of culture through pro-actively creating open communication channels and a comfortable working environment.
- Continually review and measure team activities against targets, standards and service levels, agreeing and taking actions to improve capability and performance, so that the team achieves its maximum potential.
- Implement and execute PD process and review PD plans, assess and make recommendations on employee performance.
- Ensure all HR processes, according to ABSA policies and procedures, are followed.
- Actively involved in succession planning, employee engagement, talent management and performance development through clearly defined communication channels and regular feedback sessions.
- Implement regional operational sales tactics and plans for the execution of strategy that is aligned with ABB, CAF and regional strategic intent, with knowledge of the geographical drivers within portfolio.
- Ensure close collaboration between CAF sales team and segment stakeholders that will increase sales penetration levels and production volumes within portfolio.
- Monitor asset pricing, margins and profitability within the applicable mandate for the CAF portfolio in isolation of portfolio pricing.
- Implement and execute sales campaigns within the portfolio to boost sales in line with national and regional strategic intent.
- Implement and monitor sales channel requirements in both the internal and external environment across all segments.
- Optimise operational costs through implementing cost effective initiatives in daily operations through the proper use of resources and other channels of expense.
- Implement the nationally agreed Customer Value Proposition and strategy and ensure client satisfaction targets are exceeded through random sampling of customer feedback through direct contact (i.e telephony communication)
- Monitor and sign- off on commission structures and payouts of these commissions within the agreed upon time period.
- Contract and manage Service Level Agreements with all relevant stakeholders within portfolio. This includes across departments into segments as well as with support services. Action non- compliance and escalate to the relevant national authority within CAF Exco.
- Oversee and keep abreast of compliance legislation and ensure CAF team in portfolio is kept abreast of the change and take accountability to remain compliant in customer facing roles.
- Support CAF Regional Manager through effective and accurate reporting on performance of operational team achievements of targets both through production volumes and margins achieved through asset finance.
- Provide reports to CAF Regional Manager on market share growth and new business acquisition within the internal and external environment.
- Hold regular meetings with all managed staff in portfolio to gather feedback on opportunities and threats within all active environments and provide accurate reports through to CAF Regional Manager.
- Co-ordinate, manage and communicate the Asset Finance budget process within the portfolio and investigate any deviations in expense and income management through consistent governance.
- Return incomplete or incorrect expenses. Sign – off and ensure payment of signed off expenses through expense tracking and payment tracking.
- Escalate irregularities to CAF Regional Manager when above an pre-agreed threshold.
- Manage and implement bonus or commission structure accurately and within the expected timeframe as outlined through the CAF policy and procedure.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key CAF stakeholder (e.g Segment, Operations, Absa Group Operations, etc.) to effectively co-ordinate the value chain thereby ensuring efficient transactional workflows and optimal client service delivery.
- Contract and manage Service Level Agreements with all relevant stakeholders. Including; across departments into segment as well as with support services. Action non-compliance and escalate to the CAF Regional Manager.
- Ensure, monitor and enforce implementation of BPC requirements as well as changes in directives and that contracts and securities are generated within the agreed turn- around times between the BPC and the Fit for Processing centre.
- Ensure, monitor and enforce implementation of Credit requirements routing and directives to meet agreed turn – around times.
- Maintain a good understanding of all governance applicable to the Commercial Asset Finance area (FAIS, SOX, CASA and internal audits) and have the ability to apply and coach the CAF team on them.
- Become the key point of contact for risk management in the portfolio and take responsibility to manage and resolve all governance and risk issues impacting the team.
- Encourage importance of compliance in the team, ensure that the team is compliant and adheres to all internal audit and SOX compliance requirements.
- Take responsibility for the execution of risk policies in the portfolio by keeping up to date with any changes in the compliance requirements for Asset Finance.
- Ensure that the alignment between the Commercial Asset Finance team in the portfolio and risk is maintained.
- Ensure close collaboration with Commercial Asset Finance Monitoring and Control and Business Support to ensure effective remediation of distressed accounts and to minimise impairments with portfolio.
- Manage customer service delivery by the Commercial Asset Finance team in the portfolio and ensure that service level agreements and turnaround times are met and exceeded.
- Pro- actively attends to and ensures that escalated service and issues are resolved.
- Build strategic relationships with key customers and groups that regularly request Tier 2 solutions and manage these customer applications.
- Deciding and initiating action
- Leading and supervising
- Working with people
- Relating and networking
- Writing and reporting
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
- Planning and organising
- Must have NQF level 7 qualification, recognised by the FSB for FAIS purposes.
- Must have RE1/RE5 Regulatory examination passed.
- 5 years (technical/experience) experience
- No criminal record
- Post graduate qualification in banking or sales
- Two (2) years Managerial experience in managing a business area
- Two (2) years’ experience in Commercial Asset Finance environment
- Two (2) years sales experience
- The appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity strategy