Admin Clerk (Fixed Term Contract) in Bedfordview, Ekurhuleni Metro
Admin Clerk (Fixed Term Contract)
The Finance Team based at Vector Logistics in Bedfordview is seeking an Admin Clerk for a fixed term period. The successful incumbent will be required to provide assistance with the upkeep of the general ledger and to assist the fixed assets controller, as well as responsibility for daily cash administration.
- Studying towards an accounting based tertiary qualification would be preferable
- SAP system
- Good verbal and written communication
- Computer literacy (MS Office skills - Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Financial accounting principles and practice
Duties & Responsibilities Cash Administration:
- Collate daily cash expectations (expected deposits, payments to be made) and calculate the net funding required, which is then communicated to Rainbow.
- Prepare the daily cash management report for communication to the Finance team and management.
- Prepare journals relating to cash management.
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations for the 15 bank accounts.
- Processing of bank statements on SAP and SYSPRO
Fixed Asset Administration:
- Assist the Fixed Asset Controller with the following:
- Create and process purchase orders.
- Process asset additions, disposals and transfers.
- Prepare journals for capex invoices for payment.
- Prepare journals for bank allocations relating to the sale of fixed assets.
- Back up the Fixed Asset Controller.
General Ledger Administration:
- Process all expense claims received from the Business, raise the relevant journal entries and check claims for relevant approval by line managers and original supporting documents.
- Prepare the Namibia Import VAT schedules for use by the Commercial Officer in completing the monthly return for payment.
- Perform staff debtor account reconciliations for certain business areas and follow up on outstanding expense claim documentation.
- Process sundry creditors invoices, check for relevant approval and GL allocations, and prepare the journal to the general ledger.
- Prepare journals for the regional petty cash expenditures and reimbursements.
- Review petty cash reconciliations for approved petty cash vouchers and supporting documentation.
- Perform Rainbow sundry debtor reconciliation and follow up.
- Prepare the month end handling fees report for use in the financial reporting packs by the Commercial Officer.
Sundry Creditor/Debtor Administration:
- Check payment runs for sundry creditor payments.
- Send remittance advices for sundry creditor payments.
- Process sundry Rainbow debtors invoices.
- Process staff purchase transactions received from Rainbow to the staff debtor accounts.
- Updating of Blick system (fingerprint access).
- Updating attendance register.
- Ordering of stationery.