Group IFRS Reporting Accountant in Bellville, Cape Town
Group IFRS Reporting Accountant (#27821) at Group Finance & BSM
Through our client-facing brands Metropolitan and Momentum, with Multiply (wellness and rewards programme), and our other specialist brands, including Guardrisk and Eris Property Group, the group enables business and people from all walks of life to achieve their financial goals and life aspirations.
We help people grow their savings, protect what matters to them and invest for the future. We help companies and organisations care for and reward their employees and members. Through our own network of advisers or via independent brokers and utilising new platforms Momentum Metropolitan provides practical financial solutions for people, communities and businesses. Visit us at www.momentummetropolitan.co.za
The purpose of this role is to accurately process financial information at a Group Level and support stakeholders with the interpretation of financial information to enable business decision making at a Strategic Level.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK OUTPUTS
- Assist with preparation/review of group consolidated accounts for each reporting period for EXCO and the Board.
- Review subsidiary financial statements.
- Assist with technical queries and preparation/review of technical documentation.
- Assist with consolidation pack training for financial managers.
- Support financial managers throughout the reporting process.
- Liaise with external audit providers.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery when resolving issues to enhance client service delivery.
- Manage client query processes and ensure that queries are tracked and accurately resolved.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives.
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas.
- Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Drive and Assertiveness
- Coping with pressure and setbacks
- Strategic Thinking and Business Orientation
- Critical and Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Working with people
- Adapting & responding to change
- Impact and influence
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified CA with at least 3 years’ post article experience essential.
- At least of 2 years solid experience with IFRS reporting essential.
- Experience with Reporting and Consolidations at a Group Level required.
- Experience working with EXCO and Senior stakeholders highly preferable.
- Experience in an insurance or finance environment advantageous.
- Cognos Controller experience advantageous.
To apply, please follow the official system application process and get in touch with the PeopleSoft Helpdesk (021 940 5169) if you need further assistance.
7 October 2019
Andrea.Allies@momentummetropolitan.co.za(The purpose for this email address is solely for queries regarding the advertised position and no emailed CV's will be accepted. Only online applications submitted via our Careers page will be considered.)
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.
We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.