Bookkeeper in Cape Town
Bookkeeper, Cape Town
AfrikaBurn is a community based non-profit organisation, that stages a series of arts based events and engages in year round social development initiatives. With offices based in Cape Town, AfrikaBurn is currently seeking to appoint a
Key responsibilities include:
- Management & reconciliation of petty cash, debit card usage & slips.
- Processing of bi-weekly payment requests and loading of beneficiaries & payments on banking platform.
- Full bookkeeping function, including journals and occasional invoicing.
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance in Pastel.
- Filing & maintenance of financial records, in preparation for annual audit.
- Monthly payroll processing in Pastel Payroll.
- Submission of monthly statutory returns (Paye, UIF, SDL and Vat)
- Submission of bi-annual EMP501 returns.
- Support the Finance Lead in preparation of the annual budget.
The Bookkeeper will also be responsible for supporting the Directors by managing regular director meeting agendas, the director calendar, taking minutes, providing general administrative and logistical support.
In terms of Human Resources administration the bookkeeper will assist with HR administration and record-keeping, assist with the staff review process and any contractual, job description and leave matters as required by the Executive Director.
Requirements for this post:
- Sound working experience of Pastel, Pastel Payroll and Microsoft Office
- Bookkeeping diploma/certificate
- Ability to be self-motivated, well organised and pro-active
- Attention to detail and a flair for numbers
- Ability to work to deadlines
- 3 – 5 years bookkeeping experience
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and complete the AA bio summary form in MS word format to: email@example.com