Superintendent in Cape Town, Cape Town Metro
THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN PROMOTES AND APPLIES THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY, IN LINE WITH THE CITY'S CORPORATE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY AND DIVERSITY STRATEGY, EQUITY POLICY, PLAN AND TARGETS, PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO SUITABLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FROM THE DESIGNATED GROUPS.
Directorate: Community Services and Health
Department: Recreation and Parks
Salary: Basic Salary: R393 380 p.a
Reference Number: RP 38/19 Ext
Closing Date: 27.09.2019
- A National diploma in Horticulture or equivalent qualification
- Up to 5 years relevant experience
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications)
- A valid Code EB driver’s licence.
Key Performance Areas
- Plan, organise and control operations according to management plans
- Manage the capital and operating budget
- Develop and maintain relations at depot level to implement business improvement initiatives and partnerships
- Develop and monitor management plans according to the IDP and other corporate initiatives
- Provide information to the general public and Councillors on activities and work sequences associated with parks maintenance and development programmes
- Conduct inspections with a view to determine the status and/or progress of work at specific locations/sites
- Communicate with technical departmental personnel, site supervisors and contractors to monitor departmental teams/contractor performance levels
- Coordinate the implementation of corrective measures at sites with due consideration of cost, quality and time frames and design specifications
- Participate in project handover inspections and verify scope of contract against actual outcomes prior to confirming approval/acceptance
- Prepare resource allocation schedules (cost, material and time spread) and priority programmes for execution and conduct briefing sessions with specialists/supervisory personnel and contractors, explaining requirements and outcomes.
How to Apply
External candidates: APPLY ON LINE VIA www.capetown.gov.za/careers
Internal staff: APPLY ON LINE VIA SAP PORTAL
Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment is received within three months of the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.