Senior Professional Officer in Cape Town, Cape Town Metro
THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN PROMOTES AND APPLIES THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY, IN LINE WITH THE CITY'S CORPORATE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY AND DIVERSITY STRATEGY, EQUITY POLICY, PLAN AND TARGETS, PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO SUITABLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FROM THE DESIGNATED GROUPS.
Directorate: Community Services and Health
Department: Finance (ComServ)
Salary: Basic Salary: TCOE: R791 159 p.a
Reference Number: SOS ED 4/19 Ext
Closing Date: 27.09.2019
Eligibility: All qualified candidates
Senior Professional Officer
- A relevant BTech or First degree qualification, preferably BCom, BCompt or similar
- MFMA Minimum Competency Qualification (if not in possession of this qualification, it will have to be acquired within 36 months from commencement of service)
- Up to 5 years’ relevant experience within a Local Government finance environment
- Knowledge of relevant financial systems, processes and procedures
- Extensive knowledge and exposure to Local Government operations and service delivery obligations
- Excellent analytical abilities, attention to detail, communication and report writing skills and corporate governance principles
- Strong computer skills (including SAP)
- A valid driver’s licence.
Key Performance Areas
- Oversee and administer the financial management, budgeting and budgetary control, year-end procedures, audit queries and tariff review processes for departments within the Directorate by:
- Ensure financial analysis and budgeting through administering the process of budgeting and reporting and providing relevant reporting information to the Directorate
- Provide financial support and financial control to the Directorate
- Assist with the provision of business information and management reports on actual financial performance against budget
- Provide financial management to the Directorate by co-ordinating all financial and audit matters
- Manage the human resources and budget of the unit.
How to Apply
External candidates: APPLY ON LINE VIA www.capetown.gov.za/careers
Internal staff: APPLY ON LINE VIA SAP PORTAL
Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment is received within three months of the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.