Digital Designer in Cape Town, Cape Town Metro
Volt Africa has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Designer who will oversee delivery of creative output across the Brand/UX, Social and Video teams, with input from the Technology, Editorial and Commercial business units.
- Implementation of production processes for creative teams (design, social, video)
- Conceptualise original campaigns and design ideas that are responsive, user-friendly and engaging
- Present and defend concepts to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Oversee or produce visual designs and templates for digital products - websites, apps and more
- Oversee Independent Media’s portfolio of brands - newspaper title and digital product brands
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Design of online advertising collateral – animated banners, takeover campaigns and more
- Establish, promote and maintain design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Mentor and support junior members of the creative team
- Assist with training and workshops
The applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 7 years experience in the digital media and/or agency environment.
- Qualification or equivalent experience in graphic / digital design
- Strong digital and social design skills
- The ability to supervise and manage creative content from idea to delivery
- To develop a working culture that promotes the growth of creatives
- To refine studio processes of digital design, video production, content and campaign creation including social and media strategies
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Magnificent presentation and written communication skills; you’re a whiz at PowerPoint
- Familiar with Effective Measure, Chartbeat, Narrative, etc.
- Knowledgeable in Google Adwords and other Paid media platforms
- Knowledgeable in Design Thinking methodologies
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Good organizational skills
- Self – motivated and able to work under pressure
- Applicant should have good analytical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills
Volt Africa is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action strategy.
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit a written application and detailed CV to:
Human Resources Department
P O BOX 56
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Submit Your CV
We are always on the lookout for new talent. If you like what we have showcased here and believe we would be a great fit, add your CV to our Talent Pool of candidates and we might just be calling you for an interview.