Assistant Director: Third Party Funds in Durban, eThekwini Metro
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: THIRD PARTY FUNDS
REF NO: 19/86/KZN
CENTRE: REGIONAL OFFICE, DURBAN
SALARY: R376 596 – R443 601 per annum. The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
- A Degree/National Diploma in Financial Management or equivalent qualification;
- A minimum of three(3) years relevant experience in a financial accounting/management environment, of which two(2) years must be at a supervisory/junior management level;
- Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), National Treasury regulations;
- Knowledge and experience of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development and it's Third Party Fund functions and services;
- Experience and knowledge on the MojaPay(SAP) system;
- Knowledge of GRAP/GAAP, accrual accounting as well as modified cash and cash accounting;
- A valid driver’s licence.
The following will serve as recommendations: Knowledge of the Departmental Financial Instructions (DFI)
ENQUIRIES: Mr. J.N. Mdaka (031) 372 3000
CLOSING DATE: 16 SEPTEMBER 2019
Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za. A Z83 form & CV must be accompanied by original certified copies of qualifications, identity document and a driver's licence where necessary.
A SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications. Applications that do not comply with the above mentioned requirements will not be considered.
All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical and competency assessment. Candidate will complete a financial disclosure form and also be required to undergo a security clearance.
Foreigners or dual citizenship holder must provide the Police Clearance Certificate from country of origin.
The DOJ&CD is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195(1)(i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of the Department will be taken into consideration.
Reasonable accomodation shall be applied for People with Disabilities including where driver's license is a requirement.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you do not hear from us within 3 months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The department reserves the right not to fill these positions.
Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to the EE Target.