MANAGEMENT NOMINATION in Johannesburg
CALL FOR NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES TO SERVE ON THE MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE OF DR FABIAN AND FLORENCE RIBEIRO TREATMENT CENTRE IN CULLINAN IN TERMS OF SECTION 29 (1) OF THE PREVENTION OF AND TREATMENT FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE ACT, NO.70 OF 2008.
The Head of Department of Gauteng Social Development, Ms Thembeni Mhlongo invites community members and stakeholders to nominate suitable candidates to serve on the Management Structure of Dr Fabian and Florence Ribeiro Treatment Centre in Cullinan in terms of Section 29(1) of Act 70 of 2008.
Management structures for treatment centres and halfway houses are established to ensure that they provide quality services, function effectively, provide opportunities for the training of staff and apply principles of sound financial management.
Eligibility for Nomination
Any member of the community in which the treatment centre or halfway house is established, as well as beneficiaries from the community that the treatment centre or hallway house serves are eligible for nomination.
No person may be nominated for appointment to the management structure of a treatment centre or halfway house if:
- He or she has not reached the age of 18 years;
- Has, in the preceding five years, whether in the Republic or elsewhere, been convicted of any offence which involves: Dishonesty ,Substance abuse; or Physical and emotional abuse of children; is an element;
- Is an unrehabilitated insolvent;
- Has been declared to be of unsound mind by a competent authority; or
- Resides outside the Republic of South Africa even if he or she is a South African citizen.
Term of Office
The term of oce for members of a management structure of a treatment centre or halfway house should not exceed three (3) years. However, members may be re-elected and re-appointed upon the expiry of the term of oce. There is no limit in the number of times a member of a management structure may be re-elected and re-appointed.
NB: Serving on the committee is on a voluntary basis, and there is no remuneration or stipend
The management structure must hold at least one meeting every three months and may convene a meeting at any time at the request of at least one third of the members of the management structure.
Grounds for removal from the Management Structure
Any member of a management structure of a treatment centre or halfway house may be removed from the management structure if he or she:
- Becomes disqualified from appointment on any of the grounds mentioned in Regulation 38;
- Has been absent from two or more consecutive meetings of a management structure in one calendar year without the prior permission of the chairperson or without reasonable ground(s);
- Has been found guilty of misconduct related to his or her performance of duties as a member of a management structure.
Nominations must be submitted to the Gauteng Department of Social Development on the official nomination form and must include the following:
- A signed motivation for appointment by the nominator, (containing full names, address and contact details) supporting the nomination of such nominee, including the nominee's actual or potential leadership qualities, their expertise in a particular field and the nominee's ability to assume the responsibilities and functions entrusted by the Act.
- A brief and currently updated curriculum vitae of the nominee, including contactable references;
- Certified copies of the nominee’s qualifications and identity document.
Nomination forms which do not comply with the above requirements or which have not been lodged with the Department at the addresses stated will not be considered. Correspondence will only entered be into with shortlisted candidates
Nomination forms are available from, and may be hand-delivered to the following addresses:
Social Development Provincial Office
69 Commissioner Street Johannesburg.
1. Ms Tebello Mkhonto Tel: 011 355 7724
2. Ms Vivian Bajomo Tel: 011 355 7739
Dr Fabian & Florence Ribeiro
No1 Zonderwater Prison Cullinan.
Ms Desiree De Vries
Tel: 012 734 8301
Nominations must be sent to: Postal Address: The Head of Department. Attention: Directorate: Substance Abuse Prevention, Treatment and Rehabilitation, Gauteng Department of Social Development, Private Bag x35, Johannesburg, 2000
CLOSING DATE FOR NOMINATIONS IS 30 AUGUST 2019