SENIOR SOCIAL WORKER in Gauteng, Johannesburg
SENIOR SOCIAL WORKER
Department: COMMUNITY SERVICES
Number of Positions Available: 1
Remuneration: TG 13: R379 308 — R492 408 per annum (benefits excluded)
- The successful incumbent must have a Bachelor of Social Work degree.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- At least 5 years' experience in community development.
- Supervise the Social Workers in the Community Services department. Facilitate sustainable Community Development projects to deal with socio-economic challenges within Lesedi Local Municipality (LLM).
- Work with other user departments to come up with solutions on socio-economic conditions within the community.
- Drive the Corporate Social Investment (CSI) Programmes and forge partnership with Business, Civil Society and Other Organ of State on CSI and on Community Development projects.
- Drive public health and early childhood programmes within LLM.
- Promotion of Social Development as enshrined in the SA Constitution.
- Implement Social Work skills and methods to create enabling environment for community to participate on Social Development matters and projects.
- Report Writing and general administration of the Social and Community Development section.
KINDLY NOTE: Qualification and SA citizenship checks will be conducted on all short-listed candidates. Where applicable, successful candidates will be subjected to additional checksIsecurity checks. It is the applicant's responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). APPLICATIONS: To apply interested candidates must submit a fully completed application form obtained from our website: www.lesedi.gov.za. Attach a signed application letter, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of qualifications, driver's license and Identity Document to the Human Resource Office. Faxed, emailed or applications not made on the applicable application form will not be considered. Lesedi Local Municipality is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and employment equity, especially in terms 01 race, gender and disability. Applicants from designated groups are encouraged to apply. If you do not hear from us within 60 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful and communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. Applications in sealed envelopes must be hand-delivered to the Human Resource Office: Comer HF Verwoerd and Louw Street, Heidelberg during office hours only.
All enquiries relating to job content can be directed to the Senior Human Resource Practitioner, Ms Nerina Ramsammy. Tel 016 492-0207 email@example.com or Mr Teboho Tsoku. Tel 016 492 - 0099 firstname.lastname@example.org during office hours. Applications to be posted to: P.0 Box 201, Heidelberg, 1438.
Closing date: 03 September 2019