Clerical and administrative in Johannesburg, Durban & Cape Town
REGISTER ON OUR NEW DATABASE FOR CONTRACT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) provides scientific knowledge that enables society to understand complex socio-economic phenomena. It draws its mandate from the Statistics Act, 1999 (Act No. 6 of 1999) and the POPI Act 2013 (Act No. 4 of 2013). Stats SA strives to excel in the following five competencies: Intellectual capability to lead the scientific work of statistics Technological competence for purposes of large-scale processing and for complex computations and accessibility of information to the public Logistical competence for deployment of (forward and reverse) logistics of large-scale field operations and for strategic choices regarding operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness Political competence in understanding the political environment without being political or politicised (commitment of delivery without fear of favour) Administrative competence: the ability to bring it all together.
Register on our new database for contract employment opportunities NB. Due to the upgrading of the system; applicants who previously registered on the HR contract database need to re-register.
Stats SA undertakes various surveys and projects, for example, Census, Community Survey, Labour Force Survey and General Household Survey, amongst others. From time to time these surveys and projects require that contract staff be employed. You are invited to register online for inclusion on the database used to identify potential candidates for these contract positions as and when required. As the projects are conducted in every area of the country, people of every racial group and from all areas are encouraged to apply
Location: Contract employment opportunities exist in different provinces and districts nationwide.
Contract: An employment contract stipulating duration, job content, remuneration and other conditions will be provided when opportunities for such contract employment arise.
Working tools: Those that will be employed and are issued with work tools and will be paid after the tools have been returned.
Area of work: Opportunity for contract employment usually arise as outlined below:
Clerical and administrative
- General administrative and non-administrative duties
REQUIRED SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Relevant administrative skills
- Computer literacy
Applications must be done online: visit www.statssa.gov.za/hr (Applications can be done on a tablet, smartphone or computer which has Internet access).
- The applicant must: have a minimum Senior Certificate (Matric) or equivalent.
- be proficient in any of the 11 official languages.
- be willing to work over weekends and outside of normal office hours. be a RSA citizen with no criminal record.
How to apply: Applicants are required to upload the following document when they apply:
- Proof of home/residential address (e.g. Lease agreement, Affidavit, Tribal Authority letter, Municipality bill, clothing account bill or other relevant proof).
- Any registration without the above-mentioned supporting document will be regarded as incomplete and the applicant will not be able to complete the registration on the database.
- Applicants who are invited for training will be required to submit certified copies of ID, Matric Certificate and driver's licence, if applicable. Documents must have been certified within 3 months before submission.
Stats SA will:
- Verify an applicant's documents and/or reference checking which will form part of the recruitment process.
- Subject short-listed applicants to a competency test and/or training assessment.
Please note the following:
- Statistics South Africa reserves the right to accept or reject an applicant's registration.
- Applicants in censuses and surveys will be appointed within their local communities as no transport will be provided.
- An applicant must disclose if he/she is a director/shareholder of a company or conducting any business as a sole proprietor.
- An applicant must disclose if his/her company is doing business with any government institution/municipality.
- An applicant must give consent to Stats SA to utilise his/her personal information for any other recruitment purposes.
For any enquiries, please contact: Dooka Lehlohonolo, tel. 012 366 0161 / Bongobi Nontobeko, tel. 012 337 6381 / Khoza Sarah, tel. 012 310 8097
CLOSING DATE FOR HR CONTRACT DATABASE REGISTRATION IS 31 JULY 2019