Chief Mechanical Engineering in Mmabatho, Mafikeng
Chief Mechanical Engineering (Grade A)
Salary Notch: R1 042 827 p.a. (an all inclusive remuneration package)
Ref No: HIO 01IS019
Head Office, Mmabatho
- Matric plus Bachelor Degree Engineering in Mechanical / Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Compulsory registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) as a Professional Engineer
- Six years’ post-qualification experience
- A valid driver license code EB or above.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Enowledge of construction plant legislation and administrative prescripts, PFMA/Division of Revenue Act, Provincial Supply Chain Management Policies, Promotion of Administrative Justice Act 2000, Promotion of Access to Information Act 2000, Labour Relations Act of 1995, Engineering Profession Act of 2000, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Road Traffic Act 2000
- Ability to analyse technical data and make appropriate judgment, Ability to undertake research
- Ability to manage contracts and people, Legal and operational compliance, engineering operational communication
- Skills-Roads maintenance (gravel and surfaced)
- Engineering design and analysis knowledge
- Computer-aided engineering and professional judgment.
- Determine the short and medium term programmes required to sustain and improve available plant aligned to statutory requirements, departmental policy and response to the road user demand • Determine the software and related system requirements for the updating of road worthy plant and equipment
- Manage the disposal process for absolute plant
- Audits, and manage the implementation of collecting data on plant accidents audits, analyze data and formulate strategies to improve plant durability
- Consolidate data with regard to heavy equipment and absolute plant replacement. Obtain professional inputs pertaining to new effective methodologies regarding optimum utilization thereof
- Manage the service level agreements entered into with Municipalities in terms of roads rehabilitation and repairs when need arises
- Prepare tenders for the replacement and repair of plant
- Develop sustainable maintenance, plant allocation and inter district lending of plant and equipment
- Effective human resources management which includes training, effective performance management, and effective succession planning.
Enquiries: Mr S Diko, tel. 018 388 1498/1193
This Department is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. It is our intention to promote representatively (race, gender and disability) in the Department through the filling of this post, e.g. White, Indian, Coloured Males and Females.
People with disability are encouraged to apply. The candidate’s whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivety will receive preference. An indication in this regard will facilitate the processing of applications
Notes: Applications must be accompanied by signed Z83 form; recent updated comprehensive CV as well as originally certified copies of all qualification(s) including Grade 12 (Senior Certificate); certified ID-document and the names of three contactable referees. Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. All required qualifications will be verified. Persons in possession of a Foreign qualifications must furnish this Department with an Evaluation Certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Candidates will be subjected to security screening process. Applicants must indicate the post and reference number in their applications.
Applications should be forwarded on time to the department since applications received after the closing date indicated below will as a rule not be accepted.
It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department. Candidates requiring additional information regarding an advertised post, must direct their enquiries to the Person on enquiries.
The Department reserves the right not to make an appointment.
All applications must be forwarded to the following Indicated Address:
Head of Department, Public Works and Roads,
Private Bag X2080,
OR Hand deliver:
Registry Office no. 133,
East Wing Head Office - Old Parliament Building,
Modiri Molema Road.
Advertised Date: 05 July 2019 and Closing Date: 31 July 2019
NB: Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not heard from us within three months after the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.