Accounting Officer: Measure Usage in Johannesburg Metro, City of Johannesburg (JHB)
Department: Group Finance
Branch: RSSC – Billing
Accounting Officer: Measure Usage
Salary: R19 632,61 per month (basic salary excluding benefits)
- Grade 12/NQF level 4 with accounting and mathematics or economics and a national diploma in finance (NQF level 6)
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in a billing or related field.
- Validate and process the creation of customer consumption bills, and calculate and effect the applicable tariff and rate change using the SAP ISU system
- Bill exceptions and ensure billing accuracy and revenue completeness.
Key performance areas:
- Analyse and process the billing exceptions to ensure that they are processed in line with acceptable parameters and that accurate bills are generated
- Insert readings for completeness of billing accuracy
- Bill corrections of incorrect meter readings
- Provide management with a report on the challenges experienced with billing process functions during the day
- Demonstrate performance in key billing performance areas and indicators against the set targets informed by baselines
- Adhere to human resources management policies, processes and procedures.
- Independent decision-making
- Assertive and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to adhere to deadlines.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) and typing
- Customer Services
- Good time management
- Good communication (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal and coordination skills.
Applications for this position, together with a comprehensive CV, should be forwarded to e-mail: email@example.com
Enquiries: Gontse Segolei
tel. (011) 628 4199
All the positions above are employment equity-targeted and preference will be given to EE targeted groups, including people with disabilities.
Closing date: 17 July 2019
The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment. Appointments will be made in accordance with the CoJ’s EE Policy. Applications must contain at least three referees.
An application letter together with a comprehensive CV must be forwarded to the contact details as entioned above.
If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Submit Your CV
We are always on the lookout for new talent. If you like what we have showcased here and believe we would be a great fit, add your CV to our Talent Pool of candidates and we might just be calling you for an interview.