Accounting Officer: Unmetered Services in Johannesburg Metro, City of Johannesburg (JHB)
Department: Group Finance
Branch: RSSC – Billing
Accounting Officer: Unmetered Services
Salary: R19 632,61 per month (basic salary excluding benefits)
- Grade 12/NQF level 4 with accounting and mathematics or economics and a national diploma in finance (NQF level 6)
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in a billing or related field.
Primary function: Create and link new services for all customers and effect the applicable rate and tariff changes in the SAP ISU
system to ensure complete and accurate billing.
Key performance areas:
- Create and maintain installations in all services to ensure that the bills are accurately aligned to the property category, zoning, usage tariff and other contributing factors to the billing outputs aimed at generating an accurate and complete bill
- Linking installations to the contract accounts
- Create billing orders to effect the billing process
- Rectify the incorrect accounts, where applicable
- Provide management with a report on the challenges experienced with billing process functions during the day
- Demonstrate performance in key billing performance areas and indicators against the set targets informed by baselines • Adhere to human resources management policies, processes and procedures.
- Independent decision-making
- Assertive and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to adhere to deadlines.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) and typing
- Customer Services
- Good time management
- Good communication (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal and coordination skills.
Applications for this position, together with a comprehensive CV, should be forwarded to e-mail: Tshepison@joburg.org.za
Enquiries: Tshepiso Nemaangani
tel. (011) 628 4591
All the positions above are employment equity-targeted and preference will be given to EE targeted groups, including people with disabilities.
Closing date: 17 July 2019
The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment. Appointments will be made in accordance with the CoJ’s EE Policy. Applications must contain at least three referees.
An application letter together with a comprehensive CV must be forwarded to the contact details as entioned above.
If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.