Accounting Officer: Metered Services in Johannesburg Metro, City of Johannesburg (JHB)
Department: Group Finance
Branch: RSSC – Billing
Accounting Officer: Metered Services
Salary: R19 632,61 per month (basic salary excluding benefits)
- Grade 12/NQF level 4 with accounting and mathematics or economics and a national diploma in finance (NQF level 6)
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in a billing or related field.
Primary function: Validate and process the creation of customer consumption bills, and calculate and effect the applicable tariff and
rate change using the SAP ISU system.
Key performance areas:
- Analyse and process the change meter exceptions as allocated by the operational manager
- Rectify the meter dials that were previously incorrect
- Analyse and process the prepaid change meter updates as allocated by the operational manager
- Correct and complete the incomplete process where the meter is closed and still linked to an active installation or the contract is closed and linked to an active meter and closed installation
- Remove meter as allocated by the operational manager
- Rectify the incorrect accounts
- Provide management with a report on the challenges experienced with billing process functions during the day
- Demonstrate performance on key billing performance areas and indicators against the set targets informed by baselines
- Adhere to the human resources management policies, processes and procedures.
- Independent decision-making
- Assertive and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to adhere to deadlines.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) and typing
- Customer Services
- Good time management
- Good communication (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal and coordination skills.
Applications for this position, together with a comprehensive CV, should be forwarded to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: Faniswa Moloi
tel. (011) 628 3657
All the positions above are employment equity-targeted and preference will be given to EE targeted groups, including people with disabilities.
Closing date: 17 July 2019
The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment. Appointments will be made in accordance with the CoJ’s EE Policy. Applications must contain at least three referees.
An application letter together with a comprehensive CV must be forwarded to the contact details as entioned above.
If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Submit Your CV
We are always on the lookout for new talent. If you like what we have showcased here and believe we would be a great fit, add your CV to our Talent Pool of candidates and we might just be calling you for an interview.