Technical Officer – Wayleave in Johannesburg Metro, City of Johannesburg (JHB)
Become a member of the new and exciting team of the JRA and contribute towards its mobility strategy. JRA is currently in the process of filling the following vacancies:
Technical Officer – Wayleave: Regional Operations (7 positions)
Basic Salary: R269 289 to R403 934 per annum (Ref: 10/2019/98)
- Obtain new and unresolved service requests from various sources, e.g. Hansen, public complaints via call centre, councillors, inspectors
- Investigate and identify problem areas or work conflicts, etc. and consult with others on these areas where required and ensure appropriate action taken to mitigate the impact of problems
- Prioritise and escalate requests
- Ensure cost efficiency in planning of tasks
- Schedule maintenance work on the Hansen system on an ongoing basis
- Deliver against the Level 1 Maintenance Programme
- Create work orders
- Update the work schedule with actual dates of completion
- Record on Hansen relevant details that service requests have been completed
- Create quotations for jobbing
- Ensure safety measures are in place (e.g. barricades)
- Allocate appropriate numbers and skills sets of staff in accordance with the requirements of the particular tasks at hand
- Oversee the adherence to plans, work quality and execution of all work by staff
- Conduct on-site visits and physical verifications/inspections of jobs completed on roads and stormwater maintenance requests in terms of required quality and standards
- Draw and review reports, escalating issues and action follow-ups to relevant management
- Investigate concerns raised on the inspection report
- Generate claim reports.
- National Diploma in Construction or NQF equivalent
- Three years’ experience in the road and stormwater environment.
Following the application procedure stated below, please forward your application for this position to e-mail
Interested candidates should forward their CVs with certified copies of qualifications, ID and application letter stating the relevant reference number to the e-mail address provided for each position for the attention of Ms Precious Ngolele or Mr Tebogo Thobejane.
Applicants who applied for the positions that are being re-advertised, are required to re-apply as their previous applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 23 July 2019.
NB: Applicants who fail to submit the necessary documents and who do not meet minimum requirements will be disqualified.
JRA is an equal opportunity company and committed to EE principles. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Coloured and Indian persons, women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. JRA reserves the right not to appoint. By submitting your application for a position, you acknowledge that the information is required for the purpose of processing and adjudicating your job application against requirements of the position and you consent to the processing and archiving of the said information.
JRA, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the JRA anti-fraud line on 080 000 2587.