Technical Officer: RSD in Johannesburg Metro, City of Johannesburg (JHB)
Become a member of the new and exciting team of the JRA and contribute towards its mobility strategy. JRA is currently in the process of filling the following vacancies:
Technical Officer: RSD
Basic Salary: R269 289 to R403 934 per annum (Ref: 10/2019/97)
- Daily maintenance, areas/work conflicts etc. and consult with others on these areas where required and ensure appropriate action taken to mitigate the impact of problems
- Prioritise and escalate requests
- Ensure cost efficiency in planning of tasks
- Deliver against the Level 1 maintenance programme
- Create quotations for jobbing
- Conduct on-site visits to obtain relevant information, e.g. measurements required
- Plan work schedules for direct staff reports and assist in the planning of all related activities of their reports (this is limited to the duty of regional officers)
- Ensure appropriate record keeping and administration in accordance with regulations are followed on staff work, e.g. attendance registers (this is limited to the duty of regional officers)
- Draw and review reports, escalate issues and action follow-ups to relevant management
- Generate the weekly EMT update report
- Generate the VIP report
- Generate the BRT report (where BRT routes are applicable)
- Investigate concerns raised on the inspections report
- Generate various data analysis reports using Crystal
- Generate claim reports
- Archive meeting minutes
- Escalate areas of concern
- Conduct follow-ups to resolve areas of concern, where required.
- National Diploma in Construction or NQF equivalent
- Three years’ experience in the road and stormwater environment.
Following the application procedure stated below, please forward your application for this position to e-mail
Interested candidates should forward their CVs with certified copies of qualifications, ID and application letter stating the relevant reference number to the e-mail address provided for each position for the attention of Ms Precious Ngolele or Mr Tebogo Thobejane.
Applicants who applied for the positions that are being re-advertised, are required to re-apply as their previous applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 23 July 2019.
NB: Applicants who fail to submit the necessary documents and who do not meet minimum requirements will be disqualified.
JRA is an equal opportunity company and committed to EE principles. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Coloured and Indian persons, women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. JRA reserves the right not to appoint. By submitting your application for a position, you acknowledge that the information is required for the purpose of processing and adjudicating your job application against requirements of the position and you consent to the processing and archiving of the said information.
JRA, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the JRA anti-fraud line on 080 000 2587.