Admin Officer: Legal in Johannesburg Metro, City of Johannesburg (JHB)
Become a member of the new and exciting team of the JRA and contribute towards its mobility strategy. JRA is currently in the process of filling the following vacancies:
Basic Salary: R219 815 to R329 722 per annum (Ref: 10/2019/95)
- Manage and monitor the Unit Manager’s diary
- Organise meetings on behalf of the Manager: Legal with internal and external stakeholders
- Take meeting minutes as and when required and distribute
- Type reports, memos and correspondence
- Make travel arrangements for external business functions or meetings
- Attend to incoming queries from internal and external sources and escalate to the appropriate staff member
- File all documents for safekeeping
- Archive and safe keeping of documents manually and electronically (e.g. contracts, invoices, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guarantees, etc.)
- Update and track department’s contracts register, guarantees register, and requests for legal assistance on Excel daily
- Prepare RFQ forms when services are required and submit for signature of Manager: Legal and HOD
- Confirm availability of budget before submitting RFQ to SCM
- Facilitate approval of invoices for services rendered by Manager: Legal or any relevant unit to whom legal services are rendered
- Provide functional /technical support to the business unit
- Support Manager: Legal and assistant managers in consolidating relevant reports related to sound governance practices, i.e. policies, procedures and controls
- Attend to document requests from internal and external auditors (e.g. Auditor-General and internal audit).
- National Diploma with relevant general knowledge of administration
- Three years’ experience in a related field.
Following the application procedure stated below, please forward your application for this position to e-mail
Interested candidates should forward their CVs with certified copies of qualifications, ID and application letter stating the relevant reference number to the e-mail address provided for each position for the attention of Ms Precious Ngolele or Mr Tebogo Thobejane.
Applicants who applied for the positions that are being re-advertised, are required to re-apply as their previous applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 23 July 2019.
NB: Applicants who fail to submit the necessary documents and who do not meet minimum requirements will be disqualified.
JRA is an equal opportunity company and committed to EE principles. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Coloured and Indian persons, women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. JRA reserves the right not to appoint. By submitting your application for a position, you acknowledge that the information is required for the purpose of processing and adjudicating your job application against requirements of the position and you consent to the processing and archiving of the said information.
JRA, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the JRA anti-fraud line on 080 000 2587.
Submit Your CV
We are always on the lookout for new talent. If you like what we have showcased here and believe we would be a great fit, add your CV to our Talent Pool of candidates and we might just be calling you for an interview.