SHE Officer in Johannesburg Metro, City of Johannesburg (JHB)
Become a member of the new and exciting team of the JRA and contribute towards its mobility strategy. JRA is currently in the process of filling the following vacancies:
Basic Salary: R269 289 to R403 934 per annum (Ref: 10/2019/93)
- Verify depot and contractor safety files according to the standard checklist
- Perform on-site audits of problem areas identified during the file verification process as well as items on the standard audit checklist
- Verify that the correct SHE procedures are followed
- Inspect and assess plant, equipment, vehicle conditions, the wearing of safety gear and equipment (PPP clothing/C-clothing), etc.
- Examine the overall safety compliance of the site, etc.
- Liaise with employees and contractors in order to discuss potential SHE risks or areas of concern
- Report all adverse findings to the Depot Manager or Project Manager and set timeframes for corrective action
- Report findings as well as the feedback received from Depot Managers and Project Managers to the Manager SHE
- Follow up within timeframes on corrective action execution
- Escalate the resolutions on items not corrected within the timeframes
- Identify and provide recommendations (ad hoc) on SHE training needs as observed during audits, site visits, etc.
- Conduct induction on SHEQ to employees and contractors
- Conduct regular workshops on SHEQ awareness as well as changes to legislation/regulations.
- National Diploma in Safety Management
- Safety management training course (SAMTRAC)
- Computer certificate
- Three years’ experience in a SHEQ construction environment.
- Registration with the South African Council for Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP) will be an advantage.
Following the application procedure stated below, please forward your application for this position to e-mail
Interested candidates should forward their CVs with certified copies of qualifications, ID and application letter stating the relevant reference number to the e-mail address provided for each position for the attention of Ms Precious Ngolele or Mr Tebogo Thobejane.
Applicants who applied for the positions that are being re-advertised, are required to re-apply as their previous applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 23 July 2019.
NB: Applicants who fail to submit the necessary documents and who do not meet minimum requirements will be disqualified.
JRA is an equal opportunity company and committed to EE principles. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Coloured and Indian persons, women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. JRA reserves the right not to appoint. By submitting your application for a position, you acknowledge that the information is required for the purpose of processing and adjudicating your job application against requirements of the position and you consent to the processing and archiving of the said information.
JRA, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the JRA anti-fraud line on 080 000 2587.