Technician: Traffic Signal Design (Electrical) in Johannesburg Metro, City of Johannesburg (JHB)
Become a member of the new and exciting team of the JRA and contribute towards its mobility strategy. JRA is currently in the process of filling the following vacancies:
Technician: Traffic Signal Design (Electrical)
Basic Salary: R269 289 to R403 934 per annum (Ref: 10/2019/92)
- Analyse existing and proposed new intersection designs and revisions to traffic flow through the analysis of traffic counts, information from GIS, such as aerial views, SARTSM requirements and regulations and physical topographic surveillance
- Attend to ad-hoc service requests/complaints from various stakeholders on traffic flow issues
- Report on areas of traffic concern obtained during inspection stage to other relevant departments, e.g. technical faults, potholes, etc.
- Log calls on Hansen Assess demand requirements for new signalling infrastructure through physical inspection
- Collect data
- Redo/make changes to road markings (existing and new)
- Implement the required traffic signals (existing and new) in accordance with SARTSM regulations
- Recommend on timing
- Complete all relevant documentation
- Collate and submit full traffic signal design information to relevant manager in accordance with internal reporting format
- After approval, update the share drive with all design documentation as well as the electronic database with relevant activity status, e.g. versioning, changes on work schedule and design, etc.
- National Diploma or NQF equivalent
- Three years’ experience in traffic engineering.
Following the application procedure stated below, please forward your application for this position to e-mail
Interested candidates should forward their CVs with certified copies of qualifications, ID and application letter stating the relevant reference number to the e-mail address provided for each position for the attention of Ms Precious Ngolele or Mr Tebogo Thobejane.
Applicants who applied for the positions that are being re-advertised, are required to re-apply as their previous applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 23 July 2019.
NB: Applicants who fail to submit the necessary documents and who do not meet minimum requirements will be disqualified.
JRA is an equal opportunity company and committed to EE principles. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Coloured and Indian persons, women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. JRA reserves the right not to appoint. By submitting your application for a position, you acknowledge that the information is required for the purpose of processing and adjudicating your job application against requirements of the position and you consent to the processing and archiving of the said information.
JRA, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the JRA anti-fraud line on 080 000 2587.