Artisan in Mossel Bay
Facility: Life Bay View Private Hospital
A vacancy exists at Life Fourways Hospital, for an Artisan reporting to the Services Manager, Wilhelm De Villiers This job exists to ensure installation and maintenance of electrical power equipment, lighting, and control systems in the hospital.
- Accurately read and translate electrical blueprints or technical diagrams and networks.
- Install and maintain electrical wiring, control, and lighting systems.
- Inspect electrical components and equipment, such as transformers, Generators, UPS systems and various types of circuit breakers.
- Understand and execute inspections, installations and testing of distribution boards (DBs) of low and medium voltage ratings.
- Demonstrate competency in using electrical and electronic measuring and testing devices such as Multimeters, Amp meters, Megger, phase rotation meter, earth leakage tester, plug tester, etc.
- Identify electrical problems or faults using a variety of electrical and electronic testing and measuring devices.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect and make electrical repairs to basic and complicated workshop handheld and fixed power tools.
- Follow state and local building regulations based on SANS10142, R158 and NBR to carryout inspections, installations and repairs.
- Direct and train workers, assistants and trainees to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain low voltage electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair to ensure compliance with OHS Act.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on function specifications and SANS10142.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment using the company’s active CMMS (SAP).
- Safely work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for electrical materials and services.
- Provide assistance and perform stand-by duties during emergencies by operating floodlights, generators, UPS, and driving needed vehicles.
- Maintain and control electrical spares and store room or area adhering to company procedures around safety, housekeeping and general engineering best practices
- At least N5 qualification with Trade Test certificate in Electrical (Heavy Current) engineering with a minimum of 3 years in operations or engineering maintenance.
- Practical experience in a hospital environment or similar environment is preferred.
- Computer literacy and experience on a CMMS preferably SAP PM would be an added advantage.
- General knowledge in HVAC, air conditioning systems, Hospital Isoloc, air compressors and vacuum pump systems would also be advantageous.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Ethical behaviour
Email: Wilhelm.DeVilliers@lifehealthcare.co.za Closing date: Friday, July 12, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.