SENIOR OFFICER: INTERNAL AUDIT in Stellenbosch, Cape Town
SENIOR OFFICER: INTERNAL AUDIT
- National Diploma or Degree in Auditing/Accounting/Financial Management with Internal Auditing as major subject, or equivalent qualification (NQF level 6).
- Three (3) years applicable experience in Internal Auditing.
- Knowledge of financial systems
- Computer literacy (MS Office & Audit Software).
- Proficiency in at least 2 of the official languages of the Western Cape.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors SA (IIA)
- Sound knowledge of Internal Audit frameworks, concepts and processes
- Good understanding of governance, organizational culture, ethical concerns and internal control systems
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, 1400 and 18000 standards
- Good facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, controlling, performing and formally reporting on audit engagements.
- Maintain policies, plans and procedures in compliance with applicable laws and regulations for internal audit activities
- Monitoring compliance to determine the extent of variation or non-conformance to statutory requirements, policies and procedures.
- Conduct the testing and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the College’s system of internal control.
- Preparing and presenting reports, comments and opinions on the achievement of departmental objectives.
- Coordinate the Report on Internal Audit function to relevant structures
- Coordinate the activities of internal audit with those of other assurance providers
- Providing guidance on the interpretation of principles to enable re-alignment of functions and responsibilities.
- Providing independent assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control, risk management and governance processes.
- Ensuring that audits performed comply with International Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and other laid down standards.
- Secretariat function to the Internal Audit Committee.
- Conduct the internal audit activities in compliance with professional standards.
Permanent position subject to 12 months’ probation
Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from our website and must be accompanied by a covering letter and updated CV inclusive of three (3) contactable references, certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all qualifications with academic transcripts, ID document and driver’s license (if required).
Please indicate reference number of the post which you are applying for on your application form. Candidates who apply for more than one post, should complete a separate application form for each post.
Only original application forms hand delivered or posted will be accepted. Applications received after the closing date as well as those faxed or emailed will NOT be accepted. Applications must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Head Office, Boland College, Private Bag X5068, Stellenbosch 7599.
ENQUIRIES: 021 886 7111
Appointment will be made in line with Boland College’s Employment Equity Plan. If you have not heard from us within 60 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Boland College reserves the right not to make an appointment.
As soon as possible
R316 791 per annum plus benefits. Benefits include a thirteenth cheque. Membership of the Government Employees Pension Fund (GEPF) is compulsory. Employees may also be eligible to receive a Home owner’s housing allowance and the employer’s medical aid subsidy. Details regarding the fringe benefits are available on request.
CLOSING DATE: 08 July 2019 CONTACT PERSON
Human Resources Manager
CONTACT PERSON'S EMAIL
ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFO
021 886 7111