Specialist: Events Support in Braamfontein
CITY OF JOHANNESBURG VACANCIES
Department: Group Communication & Marketing
Specialist: Events Support x2
Salary: R24 297.53 pm (basic salary excluding benefits)
- A Diploma in either public relations, communication business management, administration, marketing, sales or hospitality sector/NQF level 6;
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in Events Management in the Private or Public Sector;
- Knowledge of Government legislation, policies and procedure application;
- Marketing principles and practices;
- Event management logistics and practices management;
- Project management, planning and organisation;
- Must be capable of gathering and analyzing information (research capabilities);
- Risk management principles;
- Resource management approaches;
- Change management;
- Protocol, diplomacy and etiquettes;
- Computer literacy;
- Superior oral and written communication skills with innate attention to detail; and
- Networking and negotiation, emotional intelligence, conflict management, project management and presentation skills, events management planning, organising and execution
- Responsible for the project management and delivery of events in the City’s Legislature and nonlegislature event calendar as well as approved ad hoc, fundraising and cross-departmental events that will position and showcase the City as a competitive and world-class events destination and generate awareness for the City’s programmes and strategic objectives.
- Accomplishing this, requires many duties and tasks, which include aspects of risk-management events planning, budget management, event logistic including the events Joint Operations Committee (JOC) support to participants, on the day logistics protocol and plans, event follow ups and evaluation as well as providing coaching and mentoring to the team to enable personal growth and career development.
Key Performance Areas:
- Execute event planning and support to various stakeholders within the City;
- managing relationships with clients, suppliers and attendees of events to ensure the event’s success; overseeing dministrative processes related to events; and execute sound financial controls.
- Giving support to internal and external stakeholder through Joint Operations Committee (JOC) support to ensure event compliance
- Business Acumen,
- Work independently
- People Management,
- Events management.
Contact Person: Gabsile Zitha
Tel No: 011 407 6083
Workplace: 158 Civic Boulevard, Metropolitan Centre, Braamfontein
These are employment equity targeted positions and preference will be
given to EE targeted groups including people with disabilities. Appointment will be made in accordance with the CoJ’s EE Policy.
Application letter, together with a comprehensive CV must be forwarded to the contacts details mentioned above
CLOSING DATE: 26 JUNE 2019
The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful