RISK MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON in Marshalltown, Johannesburg Metro
DEPARTMENT OF ROADS AND TRANSPORT
DIRECTORATE: RISK AND COMPLIANCE
RISK MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON (THREE YEARS FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
BRANCH: HOD's OFFICE
REF NO: REFS/00408X
SALARY: Remuneration will be based on hourly rates prescribed by the National Treasury from time to time.
CENTRE: Johannesburg (Head Office)
REQUIREMENTS: CA/MBA/MBL/CIA and any relevant degree (Legal, Accounting, Risk management, Auditing and Financial Management). In addition, the following skills experience and attributes would be an added advantage – integrity, independence, dedication, understanding of public sector business and controls. Knowledge and A good understanding of the Risk Management and Corporate Governance, Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations, EWRNM, COSO model and Public Sector Risk Management Framework. Candidates should have 5 – 10 years working experience in risk management environment. Exposure in serving in the oversight committee will be an advantage. A valid drivers license
- Provide oversight and monitoring role to the Risk Management Committee.
- Review the risk management policy and strategy and recommend for approval by the Accounting Officer.
- Advice the Risk Management Committee on Risk Management issues.
- Develop goals, objectives and key performance indicators for the Committee for approvals by the Accounting Officer.
- Chair the quarterly risk management committee.
- Set the agenda for the meeting.
- Reporting on risk management.
- Report to the Accounting Officer any materials changes to the risk profile of the Institution.
ENQUIRIES: Ms. D. Kgage, Tel No: (011) 355-7378
NOTE: Candidates will be required to undertake a competency assessment as per the Department of Public Service and Administration requirements including security clearance with the Social Security Administration.
APPLICATIONS: Shortlisted candidates will be subject to pre-employment screening (vetting). Applications to be delivered: to Life Centre Building, 45 Commissioner Street, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, X107 or posted to P O Box X83, Marshalltown, X107.
Applications received after the closing date will be disqualified. Your Z83 form must be signed. Copies of qualifications and driver's licence must be certified. Persons from designated groups are encouraged to apply. Errors and omissions will be rectified. The Department reserves the right not to All the position(s)
CLOSING DATE: 28 JUNE 2019