Director: Manager: Group Financial Reporting in Johannesburg, Johannesburg Metro
CITY OF JOHANNESBURG VACANCIES
Division: Group Accounting
Department: Group Finance
Salary Range: R34 515.05 pm (basic salary excluding benefits)
Director: Manager: Group Financial Reporting
- B Com Degree in Accounting or equivalent/NQF level 7
- Qualifications in terms of the minimum competencies prescribed by National Treasury and Five (5) to seven (7) years’ working experience in Accounting OR three (3) years completed articles
- Knowledge of Local Government legislation and MFMA
- Knowledge of the financial or reporting environment and Computer literacy.
- Manage and compile financial reports that comply with all relevant/ applicable legislation for the Group Accounting.
Key Performance Areas:
- Group Consolidated financial reporting
- Management of the year-end Audit process
- Preparation of Group Management Accounts
- Implementation on new Accounting standards and legislation
- Inter- and Intra-company transactions
- People management
- Communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- Operational and technical decision-making
- People Management
- Financial Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Programmes and Projects Management
- Good leadership and change management
- Teamwork and Accountability
- Proven facilitation, liaison and influencing skills.
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy and excellent planning, organizing and time management skills
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills
- Good problem solving skills and information gathering skills
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to operate with continued pressure to deliver high quality work standards
- Ability to work independently
- Good Ethics
- Strong figures
- Work under pressure
- Lateral thinker
- Use own discretion.
Contact Person: Mkhuleko Shongwe,
Tel No: (011) 358 3578,
Workplace: 66 Jorissen Place, Braamfontein
This is an employment equity targeted position and preference will be given to EE targeted groups including people with disabilities.
Closing date: 19 June 2019
The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment. Appointments will be made in accordance with the CoJ’s EE Policy.
Application letters, together with a comprehensive CV must be forwarded to the contact details as mentioned above. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. An application form can be obtained from the CoJ website at www.joburg.org.za