Analyst/Technician X2 in Pretoria, Tshwane Metro
The National Energy Regulator (NERSA) is a regulatory authority established as a juristic person in terms of Section 3 of the National Energy Regulator Act, 2004 (Act No. 40 of 2004). NERSA’s mandate is to regulate the electricity, piped-gas and petroleum pipeline industries in terms of the Electricity Regulation Act, 2006 (Act No. 4 of 2006), Gas Act, 2001 (Act No. 48 of 2001) and Petroleum Pipelines Act, 2003 (Act No. 60 of 2003). The structure of the Energy Regulator consists of nine members, five of whom are part-time and four are full-time, including the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Energy Regulator is supported by a secretariat under the direction of the CEO. The Energy Regulator wishes to recruit personnel with appropriate competencies in the following areas:
Department: Petroleum Licensing, Compliance and Dispute Resolution (PLC)
Package: R413 206.00 – R524 764.00 per annum (CTC)
(Ref: HR: 18/19)
- A National Diploma in Engineering
- BTech Degree in Engineering will be an advantage
- Minimum of Three (3) years’ experience that can be applied in Petroleum Pipelines Regulation
- Be familiar with the Petroleum Pipelines Act and Regulations and Rules made under that Act
- Be familiar with the NERSA Tariff Methodology for the Petroleum Pipelines Industry and NERSA’s Regulatory Reporting Manuals.
The candidate must be competent in the following:
- Communication Skills (verbal and written)
- Report writing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Problem solving Skills
- MS Office (high level of computer modelling Skills).
Key responsibilities: Reporting to the Head of the Department: Petroleum Licensing, Compliance and Dispute Resolution, the incumbent will provide support to the Head of Department: PLC and Engineers in terms of the Petroleum Pipelines Act :
The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- Processing and providing written recommendations on the licence, amendment and revocation applications
- Monitoring and enforcing of compliance with relevant legislation and licence conditions
- Developing and implementing mechanisms to ensure licensee compliance with relevant legislation and licence conditions
- Liaising with licensees and stakeholders regarding licensing, unlicensed activities and compliance matters
- Gathering, collating, storing and reporting of information relating to licensing, unlicensed activities and compliance matters
- Developing and implementing administrative processes and systems appropriate for good governance of the department
- Implementing/executing projects and ad-hoc projects as assigned by the HoD.
Enquiries for this position should be directed to: Mr. Martin Untiedt on (012) 401-4600.
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the organization.
CLOSING DATE: 21 June 2019
Interested persons can forward a comprehensive CV to email@example.com or National Energy Regulator of South Africa, Human Resources Department, PO Box 40343, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007, for attention: Ms. Elizabeth Duma.
NB: Applications received from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you do not hear from NERSA within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.