Committee Secretary in Pretoria, Tshwane Metro
The National Energy Regulator (NERSA) is a regulatory authority established as a juristic person in terms of Section 3 of the National Energy Regulator Act, 2004 (Act No. 40 of 2004). NERSA’s mandate is to regulate the electricity, piped-gas and petroleum pipeline industries in terms of the Electricity Regulation Act, 2006 (Act No. 4 of 2006), Gas Act, 2001 (Act No. 48 of 2001) and Petroleum Pipelines Act, 2003 (Act No. 60 of 2003). The structure of the Energy Regulator consists of nine members, five of whom are part-time and four are full-time, including the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Energy Regulator is supported by a secretariat under the direction of the CEO. The Energy Regulator wishes to recruit personnel with appropriate competencies in the following areas:
Unit: Regulator Support Unit (RSU)
Package: R440 180.00 – R633 762.00 per annum (CTC)
(Ref: HR: 17/19)
- A National Diploma in Social Science or Law
- Minimum of Three (3) years’ experience in committee secretariat, preferably in a Regulatory Environment.
The candidate must be competent in the following:
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Computer Literacy (MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Microsoft Project)
- Minute Taking
- Analytical Skills
- Writing Skills
- Good interpersonal Skills
- Attention to detail.
Key responsibilities: Reporting to the Senior Manager: Regulator Support Unit, the incumbent will be responsible to co-ordinate and arrange the functioning of the Energy Regulator according to sound company secretarial principles and NERSA needs:
The successful incumbent will:
- Facilitate and ensuring that induction services are provided to new Regulator Members
- Proving guidance to the Energy Regulator regarding compliance with all relevant legislation and other procedural matters
- Ensuring that the Energy Regulator’s decisions and directives are clearly communicated to the relevant structures (EXCO, MANCO and the organization)
- Following up on matters arising from previous meeting or action items
- Recording minutes of all Subcommittees and ad hoc committee meetings
- Keeping and updating the Energy Regulator’s Declaration of Interest Register in line with the best corporate governance practices
- Providing efficient administrative support to the Chairpersons of Subcommittees and Regulator Members
- Making Travelling arrangements for all Regulator Members
- Compiling a schedule of the Energy Regulator meetings for the financial year
- Ensuring that there is a secure archiving system for the Energy Regulator’s documentations
- Compiling a summary of all Energy Regulator and Subcommittee decisions on an annual basis
- Coordinating public hearings of the Energy Regulator
- Providing necessary inputs into the Energy Regulator’s budget estimates for travelling, remuneration, training and accommodation and for conveying strategic planning sessions.
Enquiries for this position should be directed to: Mr. Sandile Ntanzi on (012) 401-4600.
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the organization.
CLOSING DATE: 21 June 2019
Interested persons can forward a comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or National Energy Regulator of South Africa, Human Resources Department, PO Box 40343, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007, for attention: Ms. Elizabeth Duma.
NB: Applications received from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you do not hear from NERSA within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.