CHIEF DIRECTOR: HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT in Johannesburg Metro, City of Johannesburg (JHB)
CHIEF DIRECTOR: HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
3-year Performance-based Contract with a Possible Further Extension of 2 years
CHIEF DIRECTORATE: Human Capital Management
NATURE OF APPOINTMENT: Contract
SALARY: R1 189 338 per annum (inclusive of benefits) to R1 422 012 per annum (inclusive of benefits)
CENTRE: 56 Eloff Street, Johannesburg
- Appropriate B degree (NQF Level 7) in Human Resource Management, Public Administration/Management, or equivalent as recognised by SAQA
- 5 years’ experience at Senior Management level
- Extensive working knowledge of public sector
- Sound knowledge of the South African Constitution, Public Finance Management Act, Public Service Act and Regulations, Labour Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Employment
Act, Employment Equity Act, Access to Information Act, Intergovernmental Relations Framework Act, Public Service Amendment Bill
- People management
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good interpersonal relations
- Planning, analysis, conceptualising and problem-solving
- Change management
- Project and financial management
- Time management
- Customer relations management
- Analytical and quantitative
- Interpretation of legislation
- Strategic development, direction, planning and management
- Policy analysis and development
- Negotiation and decision-making
- Conflict management
- Strong management and leadership
- Reliable and consistent
- Focused, logical and organised
- Professional creative and innovative
- Time-sensitive, self-starter, proactive strategic thinker.
- Provide strategic human capital management services
- Develop and implement the Human Resource plan as well as business partnering and performance consulting
- Be responsible for the management of the performance of the following Directorates: Human Resource Management
and Organisational Efficiency. Human Resource Management include Human Resource Administration, Human Resource Development, Employee Health and Wellness, Labour Relations which ensures the promotion of sound employee relations
- Organisational efficiency include Organisational Development, which is responsible for the review and development of the organisational structure in line with the departmental strategic objectives, determination of appropriate remuneration, service delivery improvement and transformation
- Champion on the implementation of Employment Equity targets in line with national targets, gender, youth and disability mainstreaming of departmental programmes, projects and services.
ENQUIRIES: Summaya Khan, tel. (011) 355-8108
CLOSING DATE: 9 June 2019
In line with Employment Equity Plan of the Gauteng Department of Economic Development, it is our intention to achieve equity in the workplace by offering opportunities for promotion and fair treatment through elimination of unfair discrimination. Previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply; preference will be given to people with disabilities and female candidates.
To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required.
NOTE: Kindly note that successful candidates will be subjected to a competency assessment, security clearance in terms of a criminal record check, reference checks and verification of qualifications. All short-listed candidates may be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, for which the logistics will be communicated by the Department. For SMS posts, following the interview and exercise, the recommended candidate/s will attend a generic managerial competency assessment.
Applications must be submitted on Z83 forms, obtainable from any Public Service Department. The completed and signed Z83 form should be
accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as originally certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies allowed,
certification should not be more than 6 months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
CVs must be forwarded to e-mail: Recruitment.DED@gauteng.gov.za only.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date please accept that your application was unsuccessful.