CD: STRATEGIC PLANNING AND MONITORING & EVALUATION in Johannesburg Metro, City of Johannesburg (JHB)
CD: STRATEGIC PLANNING AND MONITORING & EVALUATION
DIRECTORATE: Strategic Planning and Monitoring and Evaluation
NATURE OF APPOINTMENT: Permanent
SALARY: R1 189 338 per annum (all-inclusive package) to R1 422 012.00 per annum (all-inclusive package) (Level 14)
CENTRE: 56 Eloff Street, Johannesburg
- An undergraduate qualification (NQF level 7) in Public Administration/Business Management/Leadership as recognised by SAQA
- 5 years’ senior management experience
- 5 years’ related experience in Strategic Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Public Service policies and legislation
- Strategic capability and leadership
- Programme and project management
- Stakeholder management
- Financial management
- Change management
- Service delivery innovation
- People management and empowerment
- Client orientation and liaison
- Customer focus
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Internal controls procedures
- Negotiation, time management, executive business writing.
- People management, stakeholder management
- Identify strategic information to be collated to develop strategic documents for the Chief Directorate
- Interrogate existing policies and strategies to facilitate the development of improved strategies
- Facilitate strategic planning sessions for the GDED in line with critical elements required for legislative and governance imperatives
- Facilitate the approval of strategic planning documents
- Provide guidance and advice to the GDED on GPG and National requirements for monitoring and evaluation
- Facilitate the customisation of the design and development of monitoring and evaluation framework
- Consult all relevant stakeholders on the framework and get approval for implementation
- Create a platform for adherence to integrated GDED institutionalised frameworks
- Inform the design of strategic planning and monitoring and evaluation tools to be used in the GDED
- Consult all relevant stakeholders on benchmarked best practice recommendations for implementation in the GDED
- Facilitate the approval of recommended practices for implementation
- Monitor the implementation of improved frameworks and tools for effectiveness
- Determine the needs for capacity building in the GDED
- Facilitate the development of training manuals
- Consult, get approval for the implementation of capacity development interventions
- Facilitate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
Provide a platform for the analysis of reports from branches and all levels within the GDED and provision of feedback to appropriate structures
- Analyse and advise on monitoring and evaluation report finding and make recommendations on all projects and programmes
- Manage risk and develop mitigating strategies
- Take overall management and accounting responsibilities in respect of the financial, human and physical resources of the Chief Directorate.
ENQUIRIES: Siphiwe Nhlapho, tel. (011) 355-8540
CLOSING DATE: 9 June 2019
In line with Employment Equity Plan of the Gauteng Department of Economic Development, it is our intention to achieve equity in the workplace by offering opportunities for promotion and fair treatment through elimination of unfair discrimination. Previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply; preference will be given to people with disabilities and female candidates.
To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required.
NOTE: Kindly note that successful candidates will be subjected to a competency assessment, security clearance in terms of a criminal record check, reference checks and verification of qualifications. All short-listed candidates may be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, for which the logistics will be communicated by the Department. For SMS posts, following the interview and exercise, the recommended candidate/s will attend a generic managerial competency assessment.
Applications must be submitted on Z83 forms, obtainable from any Public Service Department. The completed and signed Z83 form should be
accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as originally certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies allowed,
certification should not be more than 6 months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
CVs must be forwarded to e-mail: Recruitment.DED@gauteng.gov.za only.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date please accept that your application was unsuccessful.