DIRECTOR: Manufacturing(Secondary) in Johannesburg Metro, City of Johannesburg (JHB)
DIRECTOR: MANUFACTURING (SECONDARY)
CHIEF DIRECTORATE: Sector and Industry Development
NATURE OF APPOINTMENT: Permanent
SALARY: R1 005 063 per annum (inclusive of benefits) to R1 183 932 per annum (inclusive of benefits) (Level 13)
CENTRE: 56 Eloff Street, Johannesburg
- Degree in Economics, Development Economics, Engineering, Business Administration (NQF level 7) as recognized by SAQA
- 5 years’ experience at Middle or Senior Management level
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an economic development environment
- Understanding of macroeconomic policies at National and Provincial level
- Proven experience and exposure in the Manufacturing industries and implementation of socioeconomic strategies that stimulate the economy to create growth in industries as well as improve employment.
- Stakeholder relations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Public Finance Management Act
- Public Service Act and Regulations
- Strategic capability and leadership
- Programme and project management
- Financial management
- Change management
- Service delivery innovation
- Knowledge of the South African Constitution
- Labour Relations Act
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Employment Equity Act
- Access to Information Act
- Intergovernmental Relations Framework Act
- Public Service Amendment Bill
- People management
- Good interpersonal relations
- Planning, analysis, conceptualising and problem-solving
- Change management
- Project and financial management
- Time management
- Customer relations management
- Analytical and quantitative
- Interpretation of legislation
- Strategic development, direction, planning and management
- Policy analysis and development
- Conflict management.
- Strong management and leadership
- Reliable and consistent
- Focused, logical and organised
- Creative and innovative
- Strategic thinker
- Design secondary strategies and plans for the following clusters of Manufacturing Industries: Machinery, Capital Equipment and Construction,
- Pharmaceuticals, Plastics and Chemicals; based on assessment of opportunities for economic growth and competitiveness, and consultations with relevant stakeholders, public and private
- Develop policy recommendations for overcoming market barriers to expansion and commercialisation of Secondary Sector technologies, including market-based economic incentives and Secondary Sector finance mechanisms
- Engage leading Secondary Sector investors for generating pilot projects in specific sectors such as jewellery making, agro-processing, steel making, etc and conduct series of workshops on public-private partnerships and secondary sector investment
- Develop policy recommendations for testing, standardisation, and certification of technologies
- Train on Secondary Sector economy market-based policy instruments and best practice models of finance and technology transfer practice notes: Analysis of global trends in Secondary Sectors of the economy with focus on investments and fiscal instruments
- Market analysis of scope for Secondary Sector economy in Gauteng including economic growth potentials in specific sectors
- Market analysis of scope for growth of Secondary Sectors
- Assess energy technologies development/transfer, market barriers and finance
- Workshops with public/private sectors to explore potential of secondary sector economy in generating new high-value added opportunities, jobs, and improved economic competitiveness
- Publish a Secondary Sector Economy Report.
ENQUIRIES: Mr Lwandile Phaledi, tel. (011) 355-8526
CLOSING DATE: 9 June 2019
In line with Employment Equity Plan of the Gauteng Department of Economic Development, it is our intention to achieve equity in the workplace by offering opportunities for promotion and fair treatment through elimination of unfair discrimination. Previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply; preference will be given to people with disabilities and female candidates.
To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required.
NOTE: Kindly note that successful candidates will be subjected to a competency assessment, security clearance in terms of a criminal record check, reference checks and verification of qualifications. All short-listed candidates may be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, for which the logistics will be communicated by the Department. For SMS posts, following the interview and exercise, the recommended candidate/s will attend a generic managerial competency assessment.
Applications must be submitted on Z83 forms, obtainable from any Public Service Department. The completed and signed Z83 form should be
accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as originally certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies allowed,
certification should not be more than 6 months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
CVs must be forwarded to e-mail: Recruitment.DED@gauteng.gov.za only.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date please accept that your application was unsuccessful.