Senior Internal Audit: IT Audit X 2 in Braamfontein
Department: Office of the City Manager
Branch: Group Risk and Assurance Services
Designation: Senior Internal Audit: IT Audit X 2
Salary Range: R34 515.06 pm (basic salary excluding benefits)
- Bachelor's Degree /B Tech in accounting or in internal auditing or related field / NQF level 7.
- Proficiency with various computer applications
- Be a member of Institute of Internal Auditors South Africa (IIASA)
- Driving license and access to a vehicle essential (post holder will be expected to visit the council's sites, often at short notice).
- Four (4) — five (5) years' extensive experience in intemal auditing.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of local government
- Experiencing assessing adequacy and effective of risk management
- Experience with project management
- Knowledge of Group Integrated Assurance Framework
- Knowledge of combined assurance model
- Knowledge of Integrated Internal Control Framework
- Knowledge of Human resources and finance management
- Proficient in Data Analytics.
To implement multi internal audit (process and financial audit) engagements which run parallel within a certain portfolio, by:
- Reviewing management measures within multiple projects to ensure effectiveness, value for money and/or efficiency within the municipality.
- Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of control measures within performance of municipality programmes, projects and departments, including their efficiency, effectiveness and economy, based on compliance with relevant legislation, best practices and other criteria.
- Assisting in developing recommendations for improvement and preparing components of the final report to various municipal oversight committees.
Key Performance Areas:
- Implement and evaluate multiple audit engagement projects to meet strategic objectives of grass department and ultimately those of the City.
- Assist the Assistant Director to manage staff within the multiple audit projects.
- Assist in liaising with intemal stakeholders.
Attention to details, Customer relationships, analytical, Commination; Team player; leadership and Management.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Dealing with tight deadlines and pressure.
Contact Person: Sirelda de Klerk
Tel No: (011) 407 6800
Workplace: SAPPI building, 48 Ameshoff Street, Braamfontein
These are employment equity targeted positions and preference will be given to EE targeted groups including people with disabilities. Appointment will be made in accordance with the CoJ’s EE Policy. Application letter, together with a comprehensive CV must be forwarded to the contacts details mentioned above Closing date:
CLOSING DATE: 28 MAY 2019
The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date,