Data Collector in Pretoria, Tshwane Metro
The National Energy Regulator (NERSA) is a regulatory authority established as a juristic person in terms of Section 3 of the National Energy Regulator Act, 2004 (Act No. 40 of 2004). NERSA’s mandate is to regulate the
electricity, piped-gas and petroleum pipeline industries in terms of the Electricity Regulation Act, 2006 (Act No. 4 of 2006), Gas Act, 2001 (Act No. 48 of 2001) and Petroleum Pipelines Act, 2003 (Act No. 60 of 2003). The structure of the Energy Regulator consists of nine members, five of whom are part-time and four are full-time, including the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Energy Regulator is supported by a secretariat under the direction of the CEO. The Energy Regulator wishes to recruit personnel with appropriate competencies in the following areas:
Department: Electricity Pricing and Tariffs (EPT)
Package: R333 341. 00 – R 468 764.00 per annum (CTC)(Ref: HR: 16/19)
- Minimum National Diploma or A Bachelor's Degree in an Information Related field.
- A driver’s licence
- Minimum of Three (3) years working experience in a data collection environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Outlook and Excel).
The candidate must be competent in the following:
- Communication (written and verbal) Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Typing Skills
- Data analysis and capturing Skills
- Sample data query Techniques.
Reporting to the HOD: Electricity Pricing and Tariffs (EPT): The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- Obtaining and capturing data according to system and company requirements
- Distributing G-Forms, Power Production forms and D-Forms (Electricity forms) to licensees and following-up the return to ensure timeous receipt according to organisational requirements
- Visiting licensees to assist in capturing information for completeness of the Electricity forms
- Providing assistance and training to those licensees that have been identified as struggling and requiring assistance
- Performing initial validation of correct completion of Electricity forms, and follow up on all missing information
- Following up on all the municipalities that have been identified as struggling and require assistance
- Maintaining a filling system to ensure the efficient storage and retrieval of Electricity forms according to organisational procedures
- Working with Data Analysts to ensure complete and accurate D-Form for tariff setting and approval.
Enquiries for this position should be directed to: Ms. Lehuma Masike on (012) 401-4600.
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the organization.
CLOSING DATE: 30 May 2019
Interested persons can forward a comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or National Energy Regulator of South Africa, Human Resources Department, PO Box 40343, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007, for attention: Ms. Elizabeth Duma.
NB: Applications received from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you do not hear from NERSA within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.