Senior Dispute Resolution Office in Pretoria, Tshwane Metro
The National Energy Regulator (NERSA) is a regulatory authority established as a juristic person in terms of Section 3 of the National Energy Regulator Act, 2004 (Act No. 40 of 2004). NERSA’s mandate is to regulate the
electricity, piped-gas and petroleum pipeline industries in terms of the Electricity Regulation Act, 2006 (Act No. 4 of 2006), Gas Act, 2001 (Act No. 48 of 2001) and Petroleum Pipelines Act, 2003 (Act No. 60 of 2003). The structure of the Energy Regulator consists of nine members, five of whom are part-time and four are full-time, including the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Energy Regulator is supported by a secretariat under the direction of the CEO. The Energy Regulator wishes to recruit personnel with appropriate competencies in the following areas:
Senior Dispute Resolution Office
Department: Gas Licensing, Compliance and Dispute Resolution (GLC)
Package: R564 671.00 – R710 640.00 per annum (CTC) (Ref: HR: 13/19)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law/Economics/Business Studies/Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of Five (5) years working experience in a dispute resolution or Regulatory environment.
The candidate must be competent in the following:
- Report writing Skills
- High level of computer Skills
- Problem solving Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning and organising Skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution Skills
- Investigative Skills and Techniques
- Analytical Skills
- Communication (verbal and written) Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Time management Skills
- Decision making Skills
Reporting to the Head of the Department: Gas Licensing Compliance and Dispute Resolution: the incumbent will be expected to administer and implement the relevant and applicable gas legislation by developing and continuously improve systems for monitoring the resolution of customer complaints and dispute, and manage and resolve disputes and complaints. The successful incumbent will:
- Administer the provisions of the Gas Act, 2001 (Act No 48 of 2001) (Gas Act), the Piped-gas Rules and Regulations regarding complaints, investigations and dispute resolution
- Develop, maintain and implement the Complaints Investigation and Dispute Resolution Framework for the piped-gas industry
- Manage , investigate and resolve complaints and enquiries from customers or other parties in terms of section 31 of the Gas Act
- Initiate investigations in terms of section 4(d) of the Gas Act
- Handle and manage price and tariff negotiations arising from disputes between customers and licensees
- Maintain close liaison with other departments that are party to complaints and dispute resolutions within the ambit of the Team-based Network System
- Liaise with and provide assistance to stakeholders on complaint resolutions matters
- Organise and convene mediation or arbitration sessions between customers and licensees or amongst licensees and other parties and compile reports on mediated
- Provide support to the HOD and conduct ad hoc activities assigned by the HOD from time to time.
Enquiries for this position should be directed to: Mr. Letsatsi Melato on (012) 401-4600.
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the organization.
CLOSING DATE: 30 May 2019
Interested persons can forward a comprehensive CV to email@example.com or National Energy Regulator of South Africa, Human Resources Department, PO Box 40343, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007, for attention: Ms. Elizabeth Duma.
NB: Applications received from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you do not hear from NERSA within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Related search for Senior Dispute Resolution Office
- Engineering Senior Management Permanent Full Time jobs in Pretoria on Talent360
- Legal Senior Management Permanent Full Time jobs in Pretoria on Talent360
- Compliance Senior Management Permanent Full Time jobs in Pretoria on Talent360
- Legal Administrator Senior Management Permanent Full Time jobs in Pretoria on Talent360